Next TV deal.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The things I'd miss with no Fox, assuming NRL is gone.

Mmmmm.......I'm thinking, nup, nada, goodbye Foxtel with no NRL.
Not even the "Real Housewifes of ......." franchise ?? LOL ...has there ever been a bigger waste of human and natural resources than that used to produce that tripe.

I really can't see another Brisbane team being anything but another Gold Coast. No support, no chance.. Perth is a given. Other team should be from NZ or CQ
Where there's a will there's a way. A second Brissie team is a must. Then add a Perth team to satisfy the TV networks.

The AFL entered a second Sydney team and made rules/systems to strongly favour new teams. The NRL, on the other hand, continues to have rules/systems which strongly favour the Broncos.

Not even the "Real Housewifes of ......." franchise ?? LOL ...has there ever been a bigger waste of human and natural resources than that used to produce that tripe.

My wife calls Foxtel " 52 Channels of Crap", I differ , 501 is great , it's just the other 51 that are crap!

This isn't correct, I actually spoke with the governing body earlier this year - the stations are free to broadcast in HD, but do not. They claim bandwidth issues but there is nothing stopping them switching premium content to GEM etc. The digital transition is completed.

I'm not talking about GEM or 7Mate or ONE. They had bandwidth issues previously when they were concurrent, but there was no choice to make the main channels HD initially, as it freed up. They could have moved the League to HD on GEM, but for many years they would have taken a ratings hit to their main channel.

Until they could lawfully turn their main ones to HD, we were always stuck with SD quality.

Give fox nothing. Read what the herald writes then read the propaganda in the telegraph. Based on viewers, NRL is at least worth just as much as the AFL deal is. Rebecca Wilson is an absolute joke and so are the other telegraph hacks. It's sad when the media is only used to drive people agendas...mainly that prick Ruperts.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
  • Aug 24 2015 at 5:05 PM
  • Updated 54 mins ago

Telstra denies News Corp reports it is considering exiting NRL sponsorship deal

by Max Mason, John Stensholt

Telstra has denied it is considering ending a 17-season partnership with the National Rugby League as its naming rights sponsor.

Rupert Murdoch's News Corp Australia reported that the telco was on the verge of giving up its naming rights sponsorship, which it has held since 2001, and would seek to stay on only as a minor sponsor.

But Telstra, which jointly owns pay-television operator Foxtel with News Corp, told The Australian Financial Review on Monday that the reports were false and that it was in dialogue with the NRL regarding an extension to its current deal.

"Reports that Telstra is looking to not renew our NRL naming rights are untrue," a Telstra spokesperson said. "We are proud of what we have built with the NRL to date and are in negotiations to continue our partnership beyond 2017. We are unable to comment further as negotiations are ongoing."

An NRL spokesperson welcomed the Telstra statement, saying that while the rugby league governing body would not discuss ongoing sponsorship or broadcast rights negotiations, "Telstra is a long-term and valued partner and we naturally look forward to further discussions with them."

The Financial Review reported last week that Telstra was still interested in negotiating NRL broadcast rights, even after signing a big deal with the AFL earlier in the week.

Telstra group managing director of media and marketing Joe Pollard said the telecommunications giant was still keen on the NRL, which it has digital rights for. "We are still talking to the NRL and are still in negotiations," Ms Pollard said. "We are still interested in a range of sports."

It comes as part of a concerted campaign from the media conglomerate to put pressure on the NRL, following the league's apparent snubbing of News Corp when it negotiated the free-to-air and free streaming broadcast rights with Nine Entertainment Co for $925 million and without Foxtel, which is 50 per cent owned by News Corp.

Previously, the pay-TV, free-to-air and digital rights have been negotiated at the same time. However, it is understood that Nine preferred to come to the table without Foxtel.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/media-a...ponsorship-deal-20150824-gj6hqx#ixzz3jiY9vUDJ
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

• 👍
There will be lots of chest pumping and really not much will change, Fox will pay less and just have 3 games, they need the NRL more than the NRL needs them .

Being a subscriber I'd love 8 games live in HD, but I'm really only dreaming.

There will be lots of chest pumping and really not much will change, Fox will pay less and just have 3 games, they need the NRL more than the NRL needs them .

Being a subscriber I'd love 8 games live in HD, but I'm really only dreaming.
It's telling that Telstra have refuted the News Ltd spin so quickly. @:cool:

• 🤝
  • 👍

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8