News: World Club Challenge 'could go overseas'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Rugby League bosses admitted on Monday the World Club Challenge could be held in Asia in the future.</p><p>Manly became the first Australian winners of the annual global clash of the champions for six years when they beat Leeds Rhinos 28-20 at Elland Road on Sunday.</p><p>The match was held in England for the 10th successive year but there are calls for a neutral venue, including Abu Dhabi and Hong Kong, while Leeds chief executive Gary Hetherington has put forward a proposal to expand the competition.</p><p>Hetherington's plan is for the top three clubs from both Super League and the NRL to contest the event and the Rugby Football League are willing to consider that possibility.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/world-club-challenge-could-go-overseas.html">Read the full article</a>

I think moving the game to Asia, South Africa, or other places where expansion might be a go, is a good thing.  Interesting to see this idea coming out of England.   

DSM5 link said:
I think moving the game to Asia, South Africa, or other places where expansion might be a go, is a good thing.  Interesting to see this idea coming out of England.   

Not in SA - we want our boys to come back

Asia - I am still awaiting John Ribots millions of Asians watching league on the pay tv and becoming instant fans. Never will happen - give it to a market that might one day bear fruit!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2