News: Why NRL deserves bumper TV deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
<p>WHEN rugby league bosses open negotiations for a new TV rights deal this year, they should be armed with these compelling figures of the code's undersold popularity on the box.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4498-why-nrl-deserves-bumper-tv-deal.html">Read the full article</a>

Interesting to note we are the 6 highest watched team and 2nd on fox (says to me teh teams above us get more free to air time which is true for most)

There is not a lot of good news for Rugby Union in that - even the A League out rates them.....

Not sure if I read it on here or somewhere else but the Roosters are supposed to be on free to air TV in five of the first six rounds this year, not bad for the wooden spoon holders.

Rugby has a small but committed market and also does well in the corporate sponsorship. League has outrated all the others which explains why the sport was the main plank in the SuperLeage War. It was the product needed to sell Pay TV in the mid 90s.

Utility Player link said:
Not sure if I read it on here or somewhere else but the Roosters are supposed to be on free to air TV in five of the first six rounds this year, not bad for the wooden spoon holders.

And why wouldn't they with David Gyngel on the board of both the roosters and channel 9.  So much for arms length programing but it explains why channel 9 stinks these days.

Hopefully they will get their arses flogged each week and nine's ratings will go through the floor. 

This can all get very political as to all the reasons why & why not.

League is the game of the proliteriat, union is the game of our betters.

As long as leagues TV ratings keep funding the local polo club luncheons for as little outlay as possible, the overlords are happy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6