1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: `Who will pay for Brookie upgrade' war of words

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <div class="content-item" />
    <p>MANLY Mayor Jean Hay has slammed as ``childish’’ a proposal for Manly, Pittwater and Mosman councils to help foot the bill for the upgrade and maintenance of Brookvale Oval.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4980-who-will-pay-for-brookie-upgrade-war-of-words.html">Read the full article</a>

2. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    Kirsch is boring me.  Wasn't it her who suggested we be renamed the Brookvale Sea Eagles or something because we didn't play out of Manly?

What a moron

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    clutching at straws Cr Kirsch?

4. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    "Cr Kirsch said a similar agreement is already in place over WIN Stadium, owned by Kogarah Council."

My understanding about Kogarah Oval is that Rockdale Council and Hustville Council provided $50,000 each as a one off contribution towards an upgrade in 2003.  Hardly comparible to what Christina is proposing.

To paraphrase a phrase which is usually used in reference to Queensland:

'God probably made the northern beaches, as it is beautiful one day, perfect the next. Why put a bunch of morons in charge of it remains a mystery. ...'

5. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Hope she doesn't get voted on again!

6. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4

Interesting if true, why do warringah people vote these idiots in?

7. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10

Interesting if true, why do warringah people vote these idiots in?
    [/quote]

Don't blame us. I don't think we've had a council election in 10 years. The last mob got booted for corruption & we had a board appointed. I don't know by who.

8. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    I have to laugh at this coming from a man who has bored me senseless with political talk so many many times ..... we had one in Sept 08 Duff.

But I will forgive you, I think we all wiped out many brain cells in Oct 08, I think something big happened then.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to laugh at this coming from a man who has bored me senseless with political talk so many many times ..... we had one in Sept 08 Duff.

But I will forgive you, I think we all wiped out many brain cells in Oct 08, I think something big happened then.
    [/quote]that was when they promised us they would fix brookie if elected, dont fall for it again guys im not from up there but please dont fall for their crap about if we get elected we will get a government grant for upgrade of brookie, if anything get some one to lobby canberra for an audit on the warringah council. if they were done before they are probably doing it again..  when i mentioned they should get audited in the back to brookvale forum they deleted my post ..lol

10. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0

[/quote]that was when they promised us they would fix brookie if elected, dont fall for it again guys im not from up there but please dont fall for their crap about if we get elected we will get a government grant for upgrade of brookie, if anything get some one to lobby canberra for an audit on the warringah council. if they were done before they are probably doing it again..  when i mentioned they should get audited in the back to brookvale forum they deleted my post ..lol
    [/quote]

Wont ever happen again, firstly the state government removing an elected local government is a huge legal issue, that would never stand with the weak ass labour government we have at the moment. For a number of reasons, firstly because we have an opposition at the moment, unlike when Carr was in, and secondly because that would be action which the state government seems entirely unable to do.

The problem was that after 10 years of appointed leadership here in WSC we had no knowledge of the candidates at all. I hope to hell that she wont get in next time, but she didn't exactly pass a vote threshold on her own last time anyway, from memory she was third on the ticket and got elected with 12 individual votes or some nonsense.

11. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10

[/quote]

I must've slept in that day. I have no recollection of that.

12. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It's too bad Mayer cruelled the momentum and stunning wide-ranging policy platform enjoyed by one of the fellows running in 2008.  We'd have Cowboys Stadium built by now if he'd let him proclaim his brilliant agenda on MWSE forums.