News: Watmough can now take a bow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>ANTHONY Watmough - hero or villain? The Manly cannonball has never attracted unbridled love from rugby league fans.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4503-watmough-can-now-take-a-bow.html">Read the full article</a>

What is Andrew Webster's forum name? He is clearly a fan, probably a paid-up member, if not a board member writing under a nom-de-plume. If not, I guess he is just a very classy & astute journo!

Andrew Webster's been reading this forum:

"If this had been a footballer with a squeaky clean image, he would be paraded down George Street like he's Prince William.

Instead, many wondered out loud if there was more to this story than met the eye.

When it was revealed that they had gone to the aid of a crying woman, those eyes rolled."

From what I understand he views this forum but doesn't post. Hardly surprising, tgese places are alive with leads and rumours

Well it's easy for the media to write "an NRL player does bad" story, but to actually do a positive one......they're few and far between.

Good on him. I think he is begining to realise that life becomes a bit easier by trying to keep a low profile off the field.

On the field however, he is carving out a very successfull career for himself. As long as he looks after himself in terms of injuries, he is set to do very well financially from the game. He only needs to look at the example his teamate Steve Menzies has set.

For what it's worth I hope he stays with the Sea Eagles for the rest of his career. He reminds me of the great Terry Randall. As a kid watching Manly, I always felt confident they could handle anything the opposition could dish out because we had Randall in the team. I think Watmough is that player for us now.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8