News: Warriors release pivot Witt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's the guy.  Always had a bad back.  talking of Shrek, it's a funny thing about the Rorters.  There's not a player who has gone there who has kept up any sort of pace in the game.  I blame the series of coaches, and now they have Freddy.  Very dumb and really can't coach.  I think Politis is waiting around for an acceptable time to pass before he quietly taps Fittler on the shoulder and sees him into footie retirement.  Eggson, you can have an involvement in anything on this blog, don't be put of by the vitriol from the other side.  

Rambo1987 link said:
Stacey Jones wont play all year, fien plays hooker, Rovelli at the cowgirls, ropati cant kick and Liam Foran hasnt played much first grade - who will be 5/8 now- Warriors are now goners.

I believe they bought Joel Moon for that purpose. Whether he'll be any good is another matter.

Rambo1987 link said:
Stacey Jones wont play all year, fien plays hooker, Rovelli at the cowgirls, ropati cant kick and Liam Foran hasnt played much first grade - who will be 5/8 now - Warriors are now goners.

Rovelli is really, really ordinary. I don't know how Stacey will go, but they're doing fairly well in the halves.

Ropati should stay in the centres, where he killed it at the end of the year. They need to leave Fien at halfback and hope that he can keep up his freakish form, or if Stacey can make a decent comeback (which I think he will), then they can move Fien to 5/8. He won't play hooker, the Warriors have got Henderson there. I don't know much about Moon except that he didn't seem like much more than a gap filler while at the Broncos. Could play centre. Could play lock. Could play 5/8. Doesn't look like impressing much in any of them though.

DSM5 link said:
Are you kidding Zep, or just being facetious?  Witt needs some handy defenders around him.  Sandow and Witt together would be not one speed bump, but two.  Then again, I hate Souths, so yeah, he would do well there.  Loyalty is a give and take thing which I just don't think the Warriors understand.  

I alway hate souths. They shouldn't be in the comp - i would rather have the bye

I totally agree Zep.  They got back into the comp on totally spurious grounds and think the league world owes them something.  'Pride of the League', my arse.  They're so full of it.  I love it when we beat them and just hate it on the odd occasion when they get up.  There, I can't even say the word.     

Souths should be in the comp, as should Norths. In the end, their loyalty to the ARL cost them as all the SL sides got a leg up

I don't really understand it when I read or hear people saying that a certain side should be kicked out of the comp or something along those lines, it does the game no good at all to have teams booted

Well then DSM5 if NE were not even close to Manly then you would be of the idea that all of Steve Menzies tries and games during that period did not actually count as Manly as it now stands in the Manly record books.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Souths should be in the comp, as should Norths. In the end, their loyalty to the ARL cost them as all the SL sides got a leg up

I don't really understand it when I read or hear people saying that a certain side should be kicked out of the comp or something along those lines, it does the game no good at all to have teams booted

Here here! I do not like them but they should be there....

DSM5 link said:
Never played for Manly and his best years were at the Dogs.  He's a complete idiot to boot.

Wrong.  His best years were with the bears.

He played first grade at 18 and was a monster.  A lot more mobile and agile than he is now.  He used to rub dencorub into his head just before every game and ran on the the field while it was burning his skin.  It made him one angry prop.

Too bulky and slow now and his body has had too many injuries.  The roosters tried to offload him last year but no-one would take him on. 

Chip & Chase link said:
I was thinking the other day about ex Manly players still going around in the NRL. There isn't one that you'd want back at Brooky really is there ? None of these would get a run in our current squad barring some bad luck with injuries.

Witt
Burns
Steppa
Donnelly
Cleal
Cannings
Halfasanga
Groom
any others ?

Shows that our recruitment and retention has been bloody good over the last 3-4 years.

Steppa - playing in the Brisbane comp

Groom - gone to England but didnt play 1st grade

Not sure Cannings was heading to England as well

Jeremy Smith at the Storm now Dragons played for the 2002 Northern Eagles but not sure it was 1st grade

Shrek didn't play well for Norths, he was just another raw-boned forward.  His best years were for the Dogs.  Just because he put dencorub on his head doesn't make him good.  You are an idiot.

I am pretty sure he got Country and NSW duties whilst playing for the Beagles in his last year

With the teams being booted stuff. I think the league could one day afford a second tier competition with relegation

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2