1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Walking billboards supplant NRL history

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>Today's footie jerseys leave me cold. Ugly, messy, undistinguished and often indistinguishable. Loved still, perhaps, by the diehards and kids whose sense of fashion is informed by Lady Gaga. But an insipid abomination compared with the bold, iconic jerseys of the past.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5440-walking-billboards-supplant-nrl-history.html">Read the full article</a>

2. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Gotta say, I agree. I hate jesrseys withs sponsors all over them and rarely purchase any of them. IN fact , while i have probably 15 jerseys hanging my first and last big sponser jersey was the 95/96 pepsi

I tend to buy the training jerseys or anything thats a clean skin and i cant see my changing my ways. And i hate that shiny fabric as well

Its sad but i understand why they do it. Im not complaining , i know its reality but it irks me and i vote with my wallett

3. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    I look at it this way.

If sponsors are willing to chuck in a few 100k or a mill to help my team then i'll spend a few $100 on jerseys and advertise there products

4. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    It's that consarnit technology that has enabled the sponsors logos to be integrated into the jersey dagnabit.

Up until the late 90's if it wasn't a patch or stitched into the jersey it couldn't happen.

To be NFL like where the gear is clean skin would be an admirable but unachievable goal.

Imagine how many jerseys they'd sell if it was just club colours.

5. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +554 / 10
    The new ones just don't look any good, regardless of the signage.

The old designs are classics, the V's & hoops & stripes. They'll always look good. All these messy ones will just look silly in 10 or 20 years time. You wouldn't want to be seen in an old Titans or Tigers jersey in 2020 but people will still proudly wear 60' & 70's jerseys of whatever club they support.

6. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    hmmmm..... Shane....

had to look these two words up in Google.
    Have you had a 'damn' good day or just peeved with 'damn' posters?

7. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I now know what lowie must feel like :(