News: Walking billboards supplant NRL history

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Today's footie jerseys leave me cold. Ugly, messy, undistinguished and often indistinguishable. Loved still, perhaps, by the diehards and kids whose sense of fashion is informed by Lady Gaga. But an insipid abomination compared with the bold, iconic jerseys of the past.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5440-walking-billboards-supplant-nrl-history.html">Read the full article</a>

Gotta say, I agree. I hate jesrseys withs sponsors all over them and rarely purchase any of them. IN fact , while i have probably 15 jerseys hanging my first and last big sponser jersey was the 95/96 pepsi

I tend to buy the training jerseys or anything thats a clean skin and i cant see my changing my ways. And i hate that shiny fabric as well

Its sad but i understand why they do it. Im not complaining , i know its reality but it irks me and i vote with my wallett

I look at it this way.

If sponsors are willing to chuck in a few 100k or a mill to help my team then i'll spend a few $100 on jerseys and advertise there products

It's that consarnit technology that has enabled the sponsors logos to be integrated into the jersey dagnabit.

Up until the late 90's if it wasn't a patch or stitched into the jersey it couldn't happen.

To be NFL like where the gear is clean skin would be an admirable but unachievable goal.

Imagine how many jerseys they'd sell if it was just club colours.

The new ones just don't look any good, regardless of the signage.

The old designs are classics, the V's & hoops & stripes. They'll always look good. All these messy ones will just look silly in 10 or 20 years time. You wouldn't want to be seen in an old Titans or Tigers jersey in 2020 but people will still proudly wear 60' & 70's jerseys of whatever club they support.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
It's that consarnit technology ..... jersey dagnabit.

hmmmm..... Shane....

had to look these two words up in Google.
Have you had a 'damn' good day or just peeved with 'damn' posters?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6