1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Two years in league wilderness might end up mission impossible.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rusty, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    IF HISTORY is any guide, Origin rookie Will Hopoate could struggle to resurrect his league career when he returns from a two-year stint as a Mormon missionary.

Read the full article

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
  3. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I agree Mark, sounds like its a change in life after completing their mission. Albert was a highly thought of junior yet Will has this unique talent. Let's hope.

4. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +203 / 6
    Ever since the Albert Hoppa story a couple of seasons ago I've formed the impression it's always gonna be the beginning of the end for Rugby League players to come back from these missions unfortunately. I wish it weren't so, and i hope Will Hoppa breaks the mould and becomes the exception but I still think it's naive to believe so in this professional era... :(

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Failing to Resurrect his career after the two years is still a better outcome than had he joined a rival team next year. If Manly can't have him then I'd rather nobody have him.

6. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Does anyone know how Jordan Ropana is going?

Only recently came back from one of these things

• Like Like x 1
  7. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    It shouldn't matter if he ever makes a return to league. What matters to me and what I find so impressive is such a young man knowing what he wants and following a dream.

Is so refreshing to see given the crap modern footballers dish up these days.

If he never pulls on a football jersey again it wouldn't bother me. Something tels me he will though and he'll do it easy.

8. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    There is something about Hoppa that makes me think he will be able to return. He is just naturally talented and two years out of the game will only be a minor speed hump.

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    He might come back, he might not. History says that he won't. I'm sure that Des won't be relying on him making a return & I doubt that he will either.

It's a shame from our point of view that he is choosing his faith over football but at the end of the day if it makes him happy then it was the right choice.