News: Two years in league wilderness might end up mission impossible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree Mark, sounds like its a change in life after completing their mission. Albert was a highly thought of junior yet Will has this unique talent. Let's hope.

Ever since the Albert Hoppa story a couple of seasons ago I've formed the impression it's always gonna be the beginning of the end for Rugby League players to come back from these missions unfortunately. I wish it weren't so, and i hope Will Hoppa breaks the mould and becomes the exception but I still think it's naive to believe so in this professional era... :(

Failing to Resurrect his career after the two years is still a better outcome than had he joined a rival team next year. If Manly can't have him then I'd rather nobody have him.

It shouldn't matter if he ever makes a return to league. What matters to me and what I find so impressive is such a young man knowing what he wants and following a dream.

Is so refreshing to see given the crap modern footballers dish up these days.

If he never pulls on a football jersey again it wouldn't bother me. Something tels me he will though and he'll do it easy.

There is something about Hoppa that makes me think he will be able to return. He is just naturally talented and two years out of the game will only be a minor speed hump.

He might come back, he might not. History says that he won't. I'm sure that Des won't be relying on him making a return & I doubt that he will either.

It's a shame from our point of view that he is choosing his faith over football but at the end of the day if it makes him happy then it was the right choice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6