News: Top four still a hope

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>LEADING Sea Eagles have boldly declared they are still capable of closing the final rounds of the premiership without defeat to make a stunning run into the NRL top four. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4196-top-four-still-a-hope.html">Read the full article</a>

It's just a pipe dream but it would be great if it did happen.

I am nervous about the need to play so well for four weeks just to make the semis. The secret last year was being able to peak for the last three games, rather than prior to the semis.

My tip is that sides like Parra, Tigers etc have hit a purple patch but haven't got a gear to go up, whilst St G and the Dogs have been plodding along nicely without reaching any great heights.

If we win this weekend, and our remaining 2 matches, it is not that far fetched

What would then have to happen, is 1 of the Roosters or Warriors beating them. Roosters you would say no, Warriors are a chance though imo

They are playing woeful footy, but they are the Storms bogey side, and on top of that, the game in Auckland will be Stacey Jones farewell match which should carry them on some sort of emotion to have a decent crack at it

Maybe, but those stupid losses to the Tigers and then Souths make my blood boil.  Winning those two and we're home easy.  We threw them away and some of the boys smiled as they walked off.

DSM5 link said:
Maybe, but those stupid losses to the Tigers and then Souths make my blood boil.  Winning those two and we're home easy.  We threw them away and some of the boys smiled as they walked off.
So for how long after a loss is it appropriate to refrain from smiling? Some of those guys obviously went to the wrong finishing school.

Alternative explanation #2 - they were stupid losses by players so stupid they didn't realise they lost because they can't count.

Alternative explanation #3 - they knew you were watching and wanted to annoy you.

My tip is it will all come down to the Storm v Warriors in the last round. The Storm have a poor away record and an out of contention team (ie, their last game) like the Warriors might turn one up in front of their home crowd.

Of course this relies on manly winning all three remaining games too.

Home final? Doable? Absolutely. But we do not control our destiny.

would have been there already had we not given teh tigers a head start and lost to Souffs.

Plus Matt Checcin robbing us of 2 vital points  in GC.

I hope we get a home final. I found out yesterday I will be in Sydney for like 3 weeks in September and the start of October for work.....

I intend on getting to as many footy games as I can

Dan link said:
I hope we get a home final. I found out yesterday I will be in Sydney for like 3 weeks in September and the start of October for work.....

You're only hoping for a home final because you'll be in Sydney?

Sgt was right about you

Volley link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181408.msg237516#msg237516 date=1250729953]

You're only hoping for a home final because you'll be in Sydney?

Sgt was right about you
[/quote]

yeah mate thats the only reason, Dickhead!

actually I am hoping to finish in a position to either play at home, or play the dogs out at Homebush.

They are the 2 best results. Playing against the Titans at Skilled, is the next best.

Volley link said:

Sgt was right about you
[/quote]

Volley - excuse my ignorance but what does the former Warringah Shire Council candiate think about Dan?

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=181408.msg237517#msg237517 date=1250731969]

Sgt was right about you
[/quote]

Volley - excuse my ignorance but what does the former Warringah Shire Council candiate think about Dan?
[/quote]

who cares Wheel?

Just wondering what Albert Einstein would come up with - it might just give us all a laugh.

Fro link said:
Albert would come up with the same summation as the rest of us.

Volley is a F**khead

Thanks chief.

Nah Wheel, never met sgt in my life. Just a throw away line. I just assumed he wouldn't have been a dan fan since the old forum wars days.

thats the good thing about opinions clon, we all have them, unfortunately yours is wrong on this occasion :)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7