News: Tony Williams ready to roar for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="articleBody" />
<p>With Manly desperate for a new weapon in their backline following Brett Stewart's season-ending injury, the NRL club's sleeping giant, Tony Williams appears to have finally awoken.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4678-tony-williams-ready-to-roar-for-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

It's been a while since i've seen him run that freely down the line he needs to get involved, he looks dangerous once he's reved up wouldn't like to be in his way that's for sure.

He has a very odd running style, seems to lean back into his run instead of forward into it, that probably slows his locomotion a little

he is improving well as he heads towards that 20 game mark.

Hope he keeps this upward trend going

The other pleasing thing we've noticed with Tony this year is that he's showing a lot more emotion when he or someone else scores. Last year he was soooo docile in all aspects - you wondered whether he cared about being out there.

Dan link said:
He has a very odd running style, seems to lean back into his run instead of forward into it, that probably slows his locomotion a little
EXACTLY -I was laughing at his running style , his legs seem to be running about three feet infront of his body..Atleast he was running straight finally ...

Will Vatuvai be on the park this coming weekend?  Did he go off injured against the Broncs or was he just hot and tired?

DSM5 link said:
Will Vatuvai be on the park this coming weekend?  Did he go off injured against the Broncs or was he just hot and tired?

Injured apparently. No news yet on severity or availability.

Apparently he did his hamstring, as did mannering

Two good players, that'll help us.  Our little fast guys in the centre should have a field day.  Someone needs to get to the Swans training this week to learn how to catch a ball. 

i think sterlo said it on footy show.he is not a centre.give him the white line on one side and some confidence he may pressure robertson when or if wolf comes back this season.robbo is struggling and looks a yard slower than last year.he must have a niggle.competition for spots is great.wolfman may feel the heat too for that matter.
what is wrong with choc.he has always had bad hands but his discipline is real bad.that push on the kicker on saturday was silly.

maybe a win was all he needs.add a firing choc to this side and we make the eight with a bit more luck.

that push on that kicked did not deserve a penalty. The kicker cocked his shoulder and changed direction, choc was right to run into him

Dan link said:

His running style is a little odd looking.. I thought the trainers at Manly had something to do with it?

All I know.. As long as he continues to do, what he's doing been doing, he can have the running style of a crab.. Just keep it up T-Rex! Great game..  ;D

He looks so much better than last year. I never realised how quick he was until he almost ran down Tuquiri against the Tigers. Just out of curiousity does he qualify or want to play for New Zealand? Imagine Vatuvai on one wing and Williams on the other :eek:

ha ha, love it how people change their mind, 3 weeks ago we were giving him to Belrose Eagles for nicks and now he is going to be playing test footy  ;D :D

T-Rex had a great game on the weekend, I wonder how much of an influence Jamie Lyon is playing right along side of him and just giving him that guidance. The kick to centre field for Steve Matai try was sheer brilliance. Let’s hope he keeps up with the form week in week out.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6