News: Tony’s ready to rumble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>GIANT Sea Eagle Tony Williams is confident a strong off-season free of injury will see him return to his devastating best in 2010 and prove to the doubters he can cut it in the NRL.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4496-tonys-ready-to-rumble.html">Read the full article</a>

We need about two or three players to step up beyond our current expectations if we want to get back into true contention - one prop, this bloke and either foran/Trent H

Hopefully he does step up.  For a man of his size he just did not run hard enough last year, the only highlight was the try against the tigers.  

Yes, he's a good player, but thanks to Crusher's ability to source talent - is there a spot for him?

I had him on the bench in my 2010 lineup. Pleased to hear he is trimmer as I thought the worst aspect of his game last year was his inability to turn and chase and his lack of awareness & response to the flow of the game.

Unless something dramatic has turned around please dont put him in the centres.

If he put as much effort into his game play as he does to trying to convince everyone of his quality he might make it

If souths can work out his weakness then every other club also has by now.

He is like the titanic turning around and his work rate is too low to be a forward.  Maybe as a prop comming off the bench for 10-15 minutes like fui used to do for the scum is his position.

Yeah cut him some slack, showed promise at his last club before getting a pretty nasty injury.. but agreed that he needs to tone down the rhetoric a bit!

Hardly rhetoric, but I am actually pleased he is saying that he wants to be explosive and that he had a poor year last year. Certainly preferable to saying he has modest aims or that he felt he went OK last year.

As noted above, he is very young  - and that try against the Tigers showed just what a rare talent he has. A centre spot would not surpise me if he shows some spark in the trials.

Problem is you can only do so much for some players, sure your can tweak their bodies and all but if they arnt mentally ready for it well it can all go down hill.

Our new whipping boy now Ox has gone...

Personally I like this guy and the try against the Tigers showed he could be the next $BW.

jeez i hope not, $bw was the most over rated player of the last decade.

Sure he was a good back rower but the best player to lace up a boot for 50 years is how many were dribbling on about him. Id take beaver over him even now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6