News: Thugs bash Manly players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip & Chase link said:
The moral of the story is if you are an NRL footballer be tucked up in bed before midnight lest you turn into a pumpkin. Nothing good happens on the streets of Sydney after midnight.

Even outside your own bloody house it seems !!

Have the same prob over here tbh, I have walked home from town the past couple of weekends which in reality is a bloody stupid thing to do

I wonder if Dee Why police will persue this as vigously as another matter involving a Manly player

A NIGHT out in Dee Why for Sea Eagles pair Steve Matai and Anthony Watmough turned violent when they were bashed by a group of men in an unprovoked attack outside Matai’s home.

Both Matai and Watmough were taken to Mona Vale Hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning after being attacked by a group of up to eight men.

It is believed Matai was king-hit and knocked unconscious before Watmough came to the aid of his teammate and was himself set upon.

Both players were released from hospital on Sunday morning and will make a full recovery.

Watmough said he and Matai did not provoke their attackers.

“We had been enjoying a great night out when this happened,” Watmough told The Manly Daily on Monday.

“I want to make it clear; we didn’t retaliate or provoke an attack and are happy to co-operate with police to aid their investigations.

“I have no idea why it happened or who they were.”

Matai had little recollection of the incident.

“I saw my attacker coming, but not the punch,” the 25-year-old said.

“After that, I can’t remember a thing.”

Manly CEO Graham Lowe said the players were lucky to escape any further damage.

“It could have been far worse,” he said.

“I’m very pleased that they have followed the protocol that the club has in place and they didn’t respond in any way,” Manly CEO Graham Lowe said.

“They were left defenceless.

“I think it’s a tragedy that it’s happened to two Manly players.

“It’s also a tragedy that these sort of things happens in our society.

“That sort of attack, anything could have happened.”

A police statement said the two players were assaulted on Warringah Rd at 1.30am on Sunday while waiting for a taxi at Beacon Hill.

Police said an unprovoked assault occurred and Matai fell to the ground and hit his head and lost consciousness for a period of time.

Watmough was then kicked and punched to his head and body.

The three attackers fled the scene and the two men were taken to Mona Vale Hospital.

Watmough was treated for a wound to the forehead and grazes to his arms and legs.

Matai was treated for bruises to his head.

Statements are yet to be obtained and inquiries are continuing.

Manly Daily

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182284.msg249304#msg249304 date=1263796152]

We are now left with a demoralised and weak police force because of the wood royal commsion.  

How do you know they weren't Asian, or African, or (shock horror) good ole caucasion aussie stock of european extraction??

[/quote]

Because the news reports yesterday stated that the attackers were of polynesian appearance that's how I know there weren't asian, of african or white boys.  

1bb8d96db674c528da3cc7537350ef12_resized.jpg

after seeing the lady who was attcked by the Dokic clan on the plane on tv last night,I will always wait till I hear all the story or all the facts. Dokics management must be applauded though, how quick they got out a statement, it sounded like Dokic was passing cups of tea around the plane  ;D

Yes plenty of units and therefore cheap rent which generally attracks low life unlike Seaforth & Balgowlah where Tookey lives.  Also very close to criminal hill (Narraweena) where there is large housing commission presence.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Is Dee why the blacktown of the peninsula as i've heard sounds a bit rough.

not sure if its still like that (wouldn't suprise me)...
but when i lived there briefly in the early naughties I actually almost got based INSIDE my unit. Guy was pissed my roomie was playing music late at night when he got home, so a couple of cans later he decides a unit invasion is the obvious course of action.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7