News: Thugs bash Manly players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>POLICE are investigating a serious assault on two Manly NRL stars in the early hours of Sunday morning.  Champion NRL forward Anthony Watmough and centre Steve Matai were punched and kicked by three men outside Matai’s home in Dee Why.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4489-thugs-bash-manly-players.html">Read the full article</a>

Karmichael Hunts

Hopefully they get found and Steve and Choc get a nice little 1 on 1 face to face meeting with the momgrels

Which one is the Narraweena man and which one is the Freshwater man ?

The question will no doubt be asked what they were doing out at 1.30am when they are well into pre season training. I'm not suggesting they were drinking though.

I'm guessing being knocked out by way of concrete footpath wouldn't be helpful to Matai's dodgy neck, could have had the potential to be a lot worse. 

Lowe and Hasler cleared them of any wrong doing.

By the sounds of it, they kinged hit Matai and Choc stepped in to defend him 3 v 1????

Though now doubt there with be some twist to come....

There is rarely rarely ever such thing as an unprovoked attack

In my opinion there is always more to it than that

Unlikely it was totally unprovoked.

But hopefully the injuries are minimal and the incident may keep those blokes in line for the year.

Dan is right, sometimes all it takes is one smartarse comment to provoke such an attack. However those sort of things do not warrant a bashing.  

true may not warrant a bashing and good on them fir not getting in the actual punch up.

I wasn't massively surprised at the two names involved though

Exactly.  Not like they dont have past form.  Either way I dont care, sh!t happens.  Just hope they are ok to play footy. 

My worry is that the thugs that did this, will over exaggerate Matais and Watmough involvement to get the focus off themselves.

Geez the blokes in management must absolutely hate it when their phone rings early on a weekend morning.  Can only be bad news.

Dan link said:
There is rarely rarely ever such thing as an unprovoked attack

In my opinion there is always more to it than that

Unprovoked attacks happen every night of the week in sydney.  You just don't hear about it because it is either not reported or the newspapers don't print the story because it is so common.

I know of 4 blokes who recently got the S**t kicked out of them by 3 car loads of islanders who just happened to drive past them at Cromer and decided to stop and bash them for no reason.

I also bet that no-one heard about the half dozen car loands of islander with guns who held up the KFC store at manly Vale a couple of years ago either because it never made the newspapers?  I know one person who lost a stack of teeth when one of them threw a chair at his face.

Lebs and islanders love to go around in big packs these days and bash innocent people.  I have 21 and 23 year old sons who see it around the northern beaches and the city all the time.

We are now left with a demoralised and weak police force because of the wood royal commsion.  

Get used to more ramdom bashings like this in the future.  This one was only made the papers because they are footballers.

The moral of the story is if you are an NRL footballer be tucked up in bed before midnight lest you turn into a pumpkin. Nothing good happens on the streets of Sydney after midnight.

tookey link said:
We are now left with a demoralised and weak police force because of the wood royal commsion.  

LOL yes the cops would be far more upbeat if the organised corruption in the ranks wasn't exposed.

So 'lebs and islanders' get around in gangs perpetrating unprovoked attacks? How do you know they weren't Asian, or African, or (shock horror) good ole caucasion aussie stock of european extraction??

Chip & Chase link said:
The moral of the story is if you are an NRL footballer be tucked up in bed before midnight lest you turn into a pumpkin. Nothing good happens on the streets of Sydney after midnight.
Not entirely true, the streetsweepers come out, there's some garbage collections, plus for unknown reasons kebabs can take on an irresistable appeal.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
kebabs can take on an irresistable appeal.

I stand corrected, some good things can happen on the streets after midnight.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6