1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Thugs bash Manly players

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>POLICE are investigating a serious assault on two Manly NRL stars in the early hours of Sunday morning.  Champion NRL forward Anthony Watmough and centre Steve Matai were punched and kicked by three men outside Matai’s home in Dee Why.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4489-thugs-bash-manly-players.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Karmichael Hunts

Hopefully they get found and Steve and Choc get a nice little 1 on 1 face to face meeting with the momgrels

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Which one is the Narraweena man and which one is the Freshwater man ?

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Think Choc is the older of the 2

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    The question will no doubt be asked what they were doing out at 1.30am when they are well into pre season training. I'm not suggesting they were drinking though.

I'm guessing being knocked out by way of concrete footpath wouldn't be helpful to Matai's dodgy neck, could have had the potential to be a lot worse. 

7. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Lowe and Hasler cleared them of any wrong doing.

By the sounds of it, they kinged hit Matai and Choc stepped in to defend him 3 v 1????

Though now doubt there with be some twist to come....

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    There is rarely rarely ever such thing as an unprovoked attack

In my opinion there is always more to it than that

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Good one Dan.  Sowing that seed.  Gallop will no doubt take that on board.

10. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Unlikely it was totally unprovoked.

But hopefully the injuries are minimal and the incident may keep those blokes in line for the year.

11. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Dan is right, sometimes all it takes is one smartarse comment to provoke such an attack. However those sort of things do not warrant a bashing.  

12. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    true may not warrant a bashing and good on them fir not getting in the actual punch up.

I wasn't massively surprised at the two names involved though

13. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Exactly.  Not like they dont have past form.  Either way I dont care, sh!t happens.  Just hope they are ok to play footy. 

14. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    My worry is that the thugs that did this, will over exaggerate Matais and Watmough involvement to get the focus off themselves.

15. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Geez the blokes in management must absolutely hate it when their phone rings early on a weekend morning.  Can only be bad news.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unprovoked attacks happen every night of the week in sydney.  You just don't hear about it because it is either not reported or the newspapers don't print the story because it is so common.

I know of 4 blokes who recently got the S**t kicked out of them by 3 car loads of islanders who just happened to drive past them at Cromer and decided to stop and bash them for no reason.

I also bet that no-one heard about the half dozen car loands of islander with guns who held up the KFC store at manly Vale a couple of years ago either because it never made the newspapers?  I know one person who lost a stack of teeth when one of them threw a chair at his face.

Lebs and islanders love to go around in big packs these days and bash innocent people.  I have 21 and 23 year old sons who see it around the northern beaches and the city all the time.

We are now left with a demoralised and weak police force because of the wood royal commsion.  

Get used to more ramdom bashings like this in the future.  This one was only made the papers because they are footballers.

17. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    The moral of the story is if you are an NRL footballer be tucked up in bed before midnight lest you turn into a pumpkin. Nothing good happens on the streets of Sydney after midnight.

18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    LOL yes the cops would be far more upbeat if the organised corruption in the ranks wasn't exposed.

So 'lebs and islanders' get around in gangs perpetrating unprovoked attacks? How do you know they weren't Asian, or African, or (shock horror) good ole caucasion aussie stock of european extraction??

19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Not entirely true, the streetsweepers come out, there's some garbage collections, plus for unknown reasons kebabs can take on an irresistable appeal.

20. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I stand corrected, some good things can happen on the streets after midnight.