News: This is Fortress Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>TURNING Brookvale Oval into a fortress again is the prime motivation for the Sea Eagles’ round-three NRL clash with the Newcastle Knights on Sunday.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5455-this-is-fortress-brookie.html">Read the full article</a>

This I like...a LOT

I want visiting teams to be scared ****less when they roll up, and I want the crowd to bay for their blood...Gladitorial stuff... bring it on!!

this is what we have been trying to bring back since 08 as fans...some games it works, others not so much :)

To anyone who thinks Brookie is crap, have a look at that table.

The teams without real home grounds are all in the bottom half.
Relocation would provide mediocrity, which will not be tolerated.

I hope everyone turns out to Brooky, not just this weekend but ALL SEASON. I've heard repeatedly from the Manly boys this week how much of a lift they get from the crowd at Brookvale.
This week there's extra incentive with the return of Brett Stewart, but in order to turn Brookvale back into a fortress, its the fans that have to put in, turn up and make some noise!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300980157[/time]

SwornEagle link said:
I hope everyone turns out to Brooky, not just this weekend but ALL SEASON. I've heard repeatedly from the Manly boys this week how much of a lift they get from the crowd at Brookvale.
This week there's extra incentive with the return of Brett Stewart, but in order to turn Brookvale back into a fortress, its the fans that have to put in, turn up and make some noise too!

Talk is cheap - Time will tell this year whether we can rebuild the fortress back to 08 standards!

Talk's cheap everyone. Start making noise at these games instead of relying on 40 odd of us to pick up the slack. These games aren't picnics. Turn up, support your team and get them accross the line. They love the noise we make as it motivates them to do better.

You don't need anything more than last Sunday as proof.

This week is one thing, lets see if you can all do it for the whole season?

Jono link said:
Talk's cheap everyone.

After last year's limp performances at Brookie, the "talk is cheap" cliche is pointed directly at the players, not the supporters. It sounds like they acknowledge that and it will be pretty easy to see after the first 10 minutes on Sunday.

I am ****en amped

if i have a voice left on sunday night i will be disapointed.

F U C K the knights :)

Hey Cambo

I wonder if our 80 year old friends will be on the hill?

"Would you give us a pinger Danny Wicks?" (Tune: She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain)

PS we were told by the Knights Nannas that we'd be in jail with Brett Stewart at Gosford last year. Cambo said that we would be in the cell next to Danny Wicks lol...this was after we were singing the chant above all game and playing the drum all game as well lol

Fro it's got nothing to do with a "true supporter" mate....I know from talking with the coaching staff, the footy manager and the players that our MWTS trips have had such a profound impact on the team. They know we are there, they can hear us loudly and we can really help influence the game as a result. Doesn't always mean we get a win (ie at the Gold Coast the last few years) but it does impact the team. Jono is simply saying (and I'd agree) that there's a small number of people who really get into it at Brookvale but most don't...for example sit in the Jane Try stand (as I did at a game last year) and the atmosphere is almost non existant...good view of the game (and great if it rains) but not exactly spine tingling stuff....go over in front of the beer shed, no seats, wet if it rains and it's a world of difference... Jono was simply trying to fire everyone up and I support him on that, that is the single most important thing we have on our MWTS trips...electric atmosphere at the game..and that's why people flock to join us!!

Hope you can make it along on one of the trips one day mate would be good to have you on board!!

Last season was the quietest I have ever heard Brookvale. That is probably because of the performance of the team, but it has a snowball effect: they under perform, we don't make noise, then they under perform more.

The only way to break this mould is to do what some of us do and that is still make some noise when the team is under performing and hope that they will get the point and fire up.

If that doesn't work after a couple of games, then I agree, there is no point and the fortress as we knew it is dead. I still don't believe we are at that stage yet though because we haven't got to a stage where we continue to sing, chant and make noise, winning or losing. I hate to say it but Manly fans are a fickle bunch!!

Oh and as I said before, leave the picnic blankets at home.

As one poster here said,we NEED the other teams to fear coming to Brookie to play.We need the players to do some damage (legal) to the opposition.There's nothing better than a win at Brookie.If they can't win,they should be at least trying to the end.Make it known that if others come here looking for the 2 points,they're gonna be hard to get,and you're gonna have bruises for a week!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2