News: Test of unity in broadcast contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they don't get 1 billion they should tell all the TV stations to stuff themselves and go it alone for 1 year, we would then see the TV stations come running.

I also liked the way that Gallop said it should be people from his management team and some others conducting the negotiations. If we have an IC let the commissioners choose who does the negotiations, or are you already voting yourself on the board, David ?

Why wouldn't it be. Gallop's divided loyalties ensure it. He should get out of the way, and let the incoming Commission get on with it. He should restrict himself to being a goose.

DSM5 said:
Why wouldn't it be. Gallop's divided loyalties ensure it. He should get out of the way, and let the incoming Commission get on with it. He should restrict himself to being a goose.
Or a used dildo salesman.

Phantar said:
DSM5 said:
Or a used dildo salesman.

Phantar,wasnt the adjudicator the used dildo salesman?

DSM5 said:

Don't say that.I like geese,and we shouldn't be comparing geese with a moron!

"Goldman Sachs analyst Christian Guerra said in a recent note to clients: "Based on the 'quality of content' metrics that we examine below, the declared interest of each of the FTA networks and the importance of mass-markets sports in a fragmenting media environment, we expect the NRL to achieve a much-improved number at the upcoming negotiations."

Nothing has been said in the media thats more important than that since Fred Flinstone spoke to Channel 6 Granite about how Wilma had disregarded her cave cleaning duties of late. Are we all agreed ?

Have heard that all the clubs are refusing to sign licence agreements until

a) the IC is in place
b) they have some idea at what the code is going to get $'s wise

eagles2win said:
Have heard that all the clubs are refusing to sign licence agreements until

a) the IC is in place
b) they have some idea at what the code is going to get $'s wise

I heard the same thing and, unlike the SL War, all the teams are on the same side in regards to this.

The ones holding it back seem to be News Corp and the QRL. News Corp I'd say just long enough so a TV deal has to be negotiated by them, not the IC, and the QRL because they think they have a right to more people on the board, even though it is NSW's competition and they only have 3 teams in it (less than 20% of control).

It was NSWRL,that time has passed and the game is semi national + 1 international

QLD wants its pockets lined with cash made by the NSWRL in the 1st place,money they have no right to

News limited are still a blight on society as a whole,but add to that maq bank and any other massive company

Everyone just wants to protect/increase the share of power they have now, its totally understandable and at the same time entirely unacceptable. We need to move past this, the clubs should refuse to sign on until the IC is in place, and tell the QLDRL to stuff it where the sun don't shine.

I for one am over it, didn't they promise this would be done before the start of the season?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4