1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Storm declines extra security

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ConcernedSupporter, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

+2 / 0
    <p>PARRAMATTA's Paul Osborne yesterday offered increased security for Melbourne Storm on Friday night as the teams prepare for a grand final rematch. <strong>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4837-storm-declines-extra-security.html">Read the full article</a>
  2. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

+494 / 0
    Should have taken them up on the offer. From other what I've seen on other forum's this may turn nasty
  3. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

+971 / 7
    Storm players have shown they can take money in paper bags, but out Parra way they had better be able to catch coins.  ;D
  4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+2,424 / 31
    Can't wait to watch the Parra fans go feral on them
  5. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

+70 / 0
    I used to live in Fairfield and Campbelltown back in the 70's.  Having said that I spent a lot of time around P/matta back then.  However, I'd watch myself at Paramatta these days.

I went out a few months ago to look at a rental unit.

Went to the location and what did I see?

Four abandoned cars right at the front of the building.

A pirate flag hanging over the balcony.

A lot of people I wouldn't want to assocate with on appearance alone.  (However, they my have been nice but their appearance didn't exude confidence in me.)

I asked what some of them thought about the building and was told it was pretty rough with a lot of crime in it.

On the way back home was cut off by a green P plater that didn't know the road rules (I noticed he was from a non-english speaking background but he appeared to know how to swear very well in English.)

I had stopped at a red light and was waiting for it to change to green.  To the bloke behind me I didn't take off fast enough when it turned green and he also showed how well he could do hand gestures and swear very well at me, all for the matter of a second or two.

Several other incidents of lesser importance also took place but not worth speaking of here.

I commented to my wife that we have now seen the 'ugly' face of the west and wouldn't entertain living or buying there even for a rental property.

I have some clients who are eels supporters and I ask myself why?

Anyway each to there own I suppose. :(
  6. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+516 / 0
    You should leave the roller at home next time.
  7. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+1,173 / 15
    Maybe Jamie Lyon should hand back the coins the eels fans threw at him.
  8. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

+784 / 15
    The logistics of ths are impossible.

How will the Melbourne players provide the extra security while they are on the field playing?
  9. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

+70 / 0
    It was the Jag actually.  The roller and the merc were both in the shop.  So I had to slum it.  I thought it would blend more into the westy culture anyway. :)