News: Stewart's exhibition gallop fails to impress officials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
swoop said:
Daniel said:
I thought it was funny and so did most people. Gallop needs to realise that he is a clown, and everyone sees him as a clown and clowns need to have a sense of humour or they are just creepy

And he's just given the Manly supporters ammunition, what do you think the fans are going to be doing every time we score a try. This clown just keeps adding fuel to the fire. I can't wait for the day we rid Gallop from our greatest sport of all, rugby league. He is so inconistant with so many issues that he's lost the plot.

God I hope the whole crowd starts doing it. I want to see signs RE: this it would be hilarious. The whole team should get in on the act

Surely we could organise something for the Broncos game. It would look so funny getting up and doing the 'Gallop shuffle' every time we score.

Praying for a big score now

Cambo said:
My challenge to stewy is to now have a crack at Rebecca Wilson after his next try. Might be tough to act out what she really is ;)

She's had some dui's hasn't she?maybe he could grab an empty beer or bourbon can from one of the crowd,and pretend to drink and make driving motions.

???..''He should be pleased with scoring 101 tries but we remain comfortable with the action we took in relation to the player and the club's conduct at its 2009 season launch,'' Gallop said. ''Constantly drawing attention to it won't change that.''???..

nah but it wont let you forget either.. just look at how youserved punishment to carney & marshall.. marshall assaults someone from the public in a public place with witness`s you do nothing... carney drink driving P plater 5 times over.. again you do nothing..

SO OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO KEEP RUBBING IT IN YOUR FACE...

eagles2win said:
Daniel said:
swoop said:
Daniel said:
I thought it was funny and so did most people. Gallop needs to realise that he is a clown, and everyone sees him as a clown and clowns need to have a sense of humour or they are just creepy

And he's just given the Manly supporters ammunition, what do you think the fans are going to be doing every time we score a try. This clown just keeps adding fuel to the fire. I can't wait for the day we rid Gallop from our greatest sport of all, rugby league. He is so inconistant with so many issues that he's lost the plot.

God I hope the whole crowd starts doing it. I want to see signs RE: this it would be hilarious. The whole team should get in on the act

Surely we could organise something for the Broncos game. It would look so funny getting up and doing the 'Gallop shuffle' every time we score.

Praying for a big score now

Please please please do it. How bloody funny would that be a great form of protest and a great form of support for Brett plus just being bloody hilarious

What I don't understand is why Gallop has never sat down with Brett or any of the Manly officials to discuss what happened. I think that's very poor form from a guy who is running our game. And yet somehow he found the time to talk with Carney after what he did.

The best revenge would be for Snake to win the Clive Churchill and give it to Gallop big time in his acceptance speech. I'd love to see that.

Brett stewart is entitled to his opinion and his right to express it. IF gallop doesnt like it then it, is gallop that needs to sort his own issues out.It is obviously still a raw nerve for brett and MR gallop has spent little or no effort in trying to resolve the issue and until he does it will continue to simmer in Brett, the club and all manly fans.

Gallop has choices and its obvious by the continued ill feeling he has not made the right choice for the victim. It is an embarresment to the game and continually brings the game negative publicity and the game into disrepute. It makes our games chief administator look like a stubburn petulent child who has his own agenda

Footballers and administrators of the game are in the public eye. Until the organisation running the game can conduct themselves with integrity and transperancy its difficult for them to expect the players to do the same

The more he stands on the line that he was drunk and asked to leave a bar as the reason for a 100k fine and a 4 week suspension the more ridiculous it looks. After current events his actions look like Manly has been singled out regardless of any admissions about drunkedness

I would , and im sure the clubs would love this to grow legs again and finally have the opportunity to get gallop out of the game for good. Maybe this is behind the silent treatment

Sorry Brett but gallop thinks teflon todd is the only one allowed to take the p out of him.
I thought it is funny, and if it puts a smile on Brett's face then I am happy with that. Brett isn't going to get an apology and he isn't going to get the last 2 years of his life back, if he can have a laugh at the expense of the total idiot that gallop is then all good.

That twat is running so scared over this issue, he runs straight to his news media mates and starts crying about being taunted by a player. F*** me dead grow up you imbecile and stop acting like a 5 year old. In fact that is an insult to 5 year olds. I am so sick of this f***wit and his paranoia over this issue probably because he cant act on any other issue due to his lack of spine. Come on be a man Gallop. Admit you were wrong and apologise to Brett and stop being a weak minded fool.

Gallop's quote

''He should be pleased with scoring 101 tries but we remain comfortable with the action we took in relation to the player and the club's conduct at its 2009 season launch,'' Gallop said. ''Constantly drawing attention to it won't change that.''

My response

'Gallop should be pleased with still having a job despite his constant displays of complete and utter incompetence, but I'm sure Stewart and Manly remain comfortable with the action they took in relation to pointing out his disgraceful double standards. I'm sure they will continue to point it out at every opportunity, as they should'' Mad Marcus said. ''Gallop steadfastly defending his original position using logic a 10 year old could punch holes through won't change that, it will just continue to reinforce the growing public perception that he is an arrogant fool.''

What still puzzles me is this allegation that he was asked to leave the launch bar. This was never mentioned by the Prosecution at his trial. At that time they were desperate to portray the guy as being drunk. It is my belief that it JUST DIDN"T HAPPEN, and the club got it wrong in their report. As was stated at the trial, and not refuted by the defense, he and a group were asked to leave the STEYNE later that night. And he was described by a witness at the Steyne as NOT being drunk. Gallop hangs his rubbish on a Manly report that the club should admit had errors in it. This was probably due to it being requested by the NRL in haste.
I just hope that Brett continues on his merry 'galloping' way, scoring tries and enjoying his football as much as us Manly supporters do. And I hope that the club does not support the muppet continuing in our great game, in any capacity.

Why is there so much hate towards Gallop and barely any to the DPP? Gallop suspended Brett for four weeks, DPP tried to make a name for themselves by putting him in prison and ruining his life completely yet I never read anything about people saying they should be held accountable for what they did.

I can understand people being upset with Gallop but an apology from him would mean absolutely nothing to me. People are carrying on like getting an apology from Gallop would be like winning the premiership. I personally couldn't care less what he thinks about it. I'm much more worried about young Hoppas contract, DCE goal kicking, the Titans next monday night, etc, etc.

I honestly mean this, but I hope Brett isn't too hung up on it either. I really hope his main motivation playing footy is to have fun with his mates and to hear the cheers of the fans and to win a premiership, because if his main drive is anger and to stick up people who bagged him its only going to eat him up in side and its not a great way to live your life.

DSM5 said:
What still puzzles me is this allegation that he was asked to leave the launch bar. This was never mentioned by the Prosecution at his trial. At that time they were desperate to portray the guy as being drunk. It is my belief that it JUST DIDN"T HAPPEN, and the club got it wrong in their report. As was stated at the trial, and not refuted by the defense, he and a group were asked to leave the STEYNE later that night. And he was described by a witness at the Steyne as NOT being drunk. Gallop hangs his rubbish on a Manly report that the club should admit had errors in it. This was probably due to it being requested by the NRL in haste.
I just hope that Brett continues on his merry 'galloping' way, scoring tries and enjoying his football as much as us Manly supporters do. And I hope that the club does not support the muppet continuing in our great game, in any capacity.

Another thing that seems to be forgotten is the clubs report you speak of. If we got it entirely wrong as you suggest, then we are just as guilty in Bretts punishment from the NRL. Not sure why you shouldn't be just as angry as to whoever put that report together regardless of the timeframes they had to have it submitted.

Masked Eagle said:
Why is there so much hate towards Gallop and barely any to the DPP? Gallop suspended Brett for four weeks, DPP tried to make a name for themselves by putting him in prison and ruining his life completely yet I never read anything about people saying they should be held accountable for what they did.

I can understand people being upset with Gallop but an apology from him would mean absolutely nothing to me. People are carrying on like getting an apology from Gallop would be like winning the premiership. I personally couldn't care less what he thinks about it. I'm much more worried about young Hoppas contract, DCE goal kicking, the Titans next monday night, etc, etc.

I honestly mean this, but I hope Brett isn't too hung up on it either. I really hope his main motivation playing footy is to have fun with his mates and to hear the cheers of the fans and to win a premiership, because if his main drive is anger and to stick up people who bagged him its only going to eat him up in side and its not a great way to live your life.

The DPP have no interest in the players, thhe were doing a job. Lowlife Gallop , as leader of the NRL, should have supported Brett until the court case was over.

To see the reality you need look no further than this small but important statement (note thats its the exact same phrase he has used before) from Gallop:

"we remain comfortable with the action we took"

He doesnt advance that its the correct action nor incorrect action. He avoids that at all costs. Just lawyer speak to mean he is unwilling to admit he got it horribly wrong and is unwilling to repair the damage outside of a forced legal agreement or a judicial order.

Simply Gallop is a lawyer. He bases his response on what Manly wrote at the time - nothing more nothing less

What is upsetting is his inability to review based upon further information

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4