News: Stewart's exhibition gallop fails to impress officials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
NRL chief executive David Gallop has responded to Manly fullback Brett Stewart's targeting of him with a try-scoring celebration on Monday night by suggesting he had taken the focus from his achievement of surpassing 100 tries for the club.

Read the full article

Gold, love it Brett. Too wet at the game to notice, but funny nevertheless.

Lol i don't think the focus has been taken from his achievemant at all. All i have seen is 101 everywhere. Galloping goose piss off

My challenge to stewy is to now have a crack at Rebecca Wilson after his next try. Might be tough to act out what she really is ;)

Shows he's still got his sense of humour even after all the **** he was put through. Good to see him with a grin on his face again. Stuff Gallop.

Giddy-up, Gallop

"TWO years of conflict with NRL boss David Gallop boiled over for Brett Stewart on Monday night as he celebrated his 100th career try.

Stewart celebrated his ton with a unique horse-riding motion.

The Manly Daily believes the post-try celebration was a slight dig at Gallop who rubbed Stewart out for a month following the Sea Eagles 2009 season launch."

more @
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/giddy-up-gallop/

"IT was arguably the crowning moment of his NRL career, but the first thing Brett Stewart did to celebrate his 100th first grade try was send a veiled gibe to rugby league's big boss, David Gallop.

Stewart's post-match try celebration during Manly's 20-0 win over Canberra at Brookvale Oval on Monday night was aimed at Gallop.

Stewart started to "gallop" on a horse after he scored the milestone try - a taunt at the NRL chief executive.

The Stewart camp remains furious the former NSW and Australian fullback was suspended by Gallop for four matches after a boozy season launch in 2009."

more @ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brett-stewart-taunts-david-gallop-after-scoring-milestone-try/story-e6frexnr-1226053659223

Cambo said:
My challenge to stewy is to now have a crack at Rebecca Wilson after his next try. Might be tough to act out what she really is ;)

It's not that hard to get on all four and bark :)

Gallop is a fool to comment on this. And I for one am pleased if it is true what they are saying about the celebration, and that Brett is a long way from forgive and forget. I know I am. Gallop is the one perpetuating the issue these days by refusing to accept things could have been handled better. He'd be hard pressed to find many people associated with the game that still agree with him (aside from News Ltd lawyers).

Does anyone else find it amusing that the only issue in the game that Gallop continues to remain steadfast and resolute on is the same issue that he completely and utterly cocked up. Why does he maintain this charade when everyone knows that he panicked at the time and caved in like the weak willed muppet he is. It must have been a heart sinking day for him when Brett was found not guilty, he knew then that he could never justify his outrageous actions. I say good on Brett for keeping the pressure on this clown, maybe one day he will man up and publicly apologise. With any luck this campaign will see the back of Gallop and we can get someone with real leadership in to take the game forward.

Chip and Chase said:
Does anyone else find it amusing that the only issue in the game that Gallop continues to remain steadfast and resolute on is the same issue that he completely and utterly cocked up. Why does he maintain this charade when everyone knows that he panicked at the time and caved in like the weak willed muppet he is. It must have been a heart sinking day for him when Brett was found not guilty, he knew then that he could never justify his outrageous actions. I say good on Brett for keeping the pressure on this clown, maybe one day he will man up and publicly apologise. With any luck this campaign will see the back of Gallop and we can get someone with real leadership in to take the game forward.
Any of the other muppets would be preferable to Big Turd.

Well I actually think there is some truth to it. And the evidence is right here, there will be just as many articles and forum threads about Gallop and him being a douche than there will be about Snakes wonderful achievement. I think by definition that means its taken the focus off Brett's 100th try.

I really hope this is something that's not driving Brett too much. Living with that internal anger isn't that healthy. Sure he can be peeved off but to be honest, I think I'd be more frustrated with the DPP and the girl and her family then Gallop. I'm not really sure how much can be achieved, sure you might get an apology from him, but so what. Who wants an apology from a bloke who you don't really rate, especially when you have already won the support of the general public and never lost the support of the people that count. Family, friends and the mighty Sea Eagles supporters!

I thought it was funny and so did most people. Gallop needs to realise that he is a clown, and everyone sees him as a clown and clowns need to have a sense of humour or they are just creepy

I didnt get it on Monday night i'll admit, but thought it was as funny as hell when it was pointed out.

Gallop can get ****ed, its really that simple.

In the words of the great Cambo.
Gallop is a Karmichael !!

Im amazed Gallop has enough time in his calendar to respond.Brandishing his rehab skills full time for "Project Toddy" must take up most of his time.

Daniel said:
I thought it was funny and so did most people. Gallop needs to realise that he is a clown, and everyone sees him as a clown and clowns need to have a sense of humour or they are just creepy

And he's just given the Manly supporters ammunition, what do you think the fans are going to be doing every time we score a try. This clown just keeps adding fuel to the fire. I can't wait for the day we rid Gallop from our greatest sport of all, rugby league. He is so inconistant with so many issues that he's lost the plot.

swoop said:
Daniel said:

And he's just given the Manly supporters ammunition, what do you think the fans are going to be doing every time we score a try. This clown just keeps adding fuel to the fire. I can't wait for the day we rid Gallop from our greatest sport of all, rugby league. He is so inconistant with so many issues that he's lost the plot.

God I hope the whole crowd starts doing it. I want to see signs RE: this it would be hilarious. The whole team should get in on the act

I hope that Daid Gallop is awarded the 2011 Dally M medal for 'Services To The Game'..... Posthumously.

Cambo said:

What.......lie on her back with her ankles behind her ears !!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6