1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Stewart's exhibition gallop fails to impress officials

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rusty, May 11, 2011.

1. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    NRL chief executive David Gallop has responded to Manly fullback Brett Stewart's targeting of him with a try-scoring celebration on Monday night by suggesting he had taken the focus from his achievement of surpassing 100 tries for the club.

Read the full article[hr]
    Gold, love it Brett. Too wet at the game to notice, but funny nevertheless.

2. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Lol i don't think the focus has been taken from his achievemant at all. All i have seen is 101 everywhere. Galloping goose piss off

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    when I first saw it I thought Right im back Back on the horse

4. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    My challenge to stewy is to now have a crack at Rebecca Wilson after his next try. Might be tough to act out what she really is ;)

5. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,555 / 32
    Shows he's still got his sense of humour even after all the **** he was put through. Good to see him with a grin on his face again. Stuff Gallop.

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Giddy-up, Gallop

"TWO years of conflict with NRL boss David Gallop boiled over for Brett Stewart on Monday night as he celebrated his 100th career try.

Stewart celebrated his ton with a unique horse-riding motion.

The Manly Daily believes the post-try celebration was a slight dig at Gallop who rubbed Stewart out for a month following the Sea Eagles 2009 season launch."

more @
    http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/giddy-up-gallop/
    [hr]

"IT was arguably the crowning moment of his NRL career, but the first thing Brett Stewart did to celebrate his 100th first grade try was send a veiled gibe to rugby league's big boss, David Gallop.

Stewart's post-match try celebration during Manly's 20-0 win over Canberra at Brookvale Oval on Monday night was aimed at Gallop.

Stewart started to "gallop" on a horse after he scored the milestone try - a taunt at the NRL chief executive.

The Stewart camp remains furious the former NSW and Australian fullback was suspended by Gallop for four matches after a boozy season launch in 2009."

more @ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brett-stewart-taunts-david-gallop-after-scoring-milestone-try/story-e6frexnr-1226053659223

7. Brewski

Brewski Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    It's not that hard to get on all four and bark :)

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Gallop is a fool to comment on this. And I for one am pleased if it is true what they are saying about the celebration, and that Brett is a long way from forgive and forget. I know I am. Gallop is the one perpetuating the issue these days by refusing to accept things could have been handled better. He'd be hard pressed to find many people associated with the game that still agree with him (aside from News Ltd lawyers).

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Does anyone else find it amusing that the only issue in the game that Gallop continues to remain steadfast and resolute on is the same issue that he completely and utterly cocked up. Why does he maintain this charade when everyone knows that he panicked at the time and caved in like the weak willed muppet he is. It must have been a heart sinking day for him when Brett was found not guilty, he knew then that he could never justify his outrageous actions. I say good on Brett for keeping the pressure on this clown, maybe one day he will man up and publicly apologise. With any luck this campaign will see the back of Gallop and we can get someone with real leadership in to take the game forward.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    I thought Brett was waterskiing.

11. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,555 / 32
    Any of the other muppets would be preferable to Big Turd.

12. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Well I actually think there is some truth to it. And the evidence is right here, there will be just as many articles and forum threads about Gallop and him being a douche than there will be about Snakes wonderful achievement. I think by definition that means its taken the focus off Brett's 100th try.

I really hope this is something that's not driving Brett too much. Living with that internal anger isn't that healthy. Sure he can be peeved off but to be honest, I think I'd be more frustrated with the DPP and the girl and her family then Gallop. I'm not really sure how much can be achieved, sure you might get an apology from him, but so what. Who wants an apology from a bloke who you don't really rate, especially when you have already won the support of the general public and never lost the support of the people that count. Family, friends and the mighty Sea Eagles supporters!

13. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    I thought it was funny and so did most people. Gallop needs to realise that he is a clown, and everyone sees him as a clown and clowns need to have a sense of humour or they are just creepy

14. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I didnt get it on Monday night i'll admit, but thought it was as funny as hell when it was pointed out.

Gallop can get ****ed, its really that simple.

15. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 27
    In the words of the great Cambo.
    Gallop is a Karmichael !!

16. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    Im amazed Gallop has enough time in his calendar to respond.Brandishing his rehab skills full time for "Project Toddy" must take up most of his time.

17. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    And he's just given the Manly supporters ammunition, what do you think the fans are going to be doing every time we score a try. This clown just keeps adding fuel to the fire. I can't wait for the day we rid Gallop from our greatest sport of all, rugby league. He is so inconistant with so many issues that he's lost the plot.

18. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    God I hope the whole crowd starts doing it. I want to see signs RE: this it would be hilarious. The whole team should get in on the act

19. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I hope that Daid Gallop is awarded the 2011 Dally M medal for 'Services To The Game'..... Posthumously.

20. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    What.......lie on her back with her ankles behind her ears !!!!