News: Stewart out of the dark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I recall meeting him at the Gold Coast function last year, he told me the doctors were saying they simply weren't sure how he would come back in terms of pace.

He was clearly a little 'doubt-riddled' about it at the time. He said 'All I've got is my speed' and I said 'You must be joking, what about the miracle passes in 2008, you have so much more than your speed?' He is far too modest nonetheless I am pleased to take some credit for encouraging him in his inspiring comeback. :)

And to think there were some on this forum saying we should let him go. Its no coincidence that Manly were Premiers in 08. Then the following two years, even though they made the play offs, they were not really premiership contenders. Now Stewie is back Manly are one of the favorites to win the premiership once again.

Phantar said:
Should this thread be retitled - 'Brett Stewart: My part in his comeback', SER8?
Haha yes, certainly.
In truth I have no doubt he would tell you himself that the support he received from all the fans and the club and no doubt his teammates was a big factor in helping him through some of those times. Great to see him coming through the other side now, champion player and quality person, imo.

Who were those calling for him to be dropped? At any stage..

He's my favourite player behind the Beaver, all time, never drop a champion.

Silly silly!

I never called for it, but could understand those who didn't like the risk of a player who is prone to serious injury (especially one who takes up considerable cap space). One thing is for certain though, and I never remember reading anything contradicting this on these boards, he is a champion and I'm so glad he is playing for us!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6