News: Stewart case adjourned

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>THE court case involving Manly fullback Brett Stewart has been adjourned to the end of the month.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4238-stewart-case-adjourned.html">Read the full article</a>

Yep it's based on the age old technique of drawing it out as long as possible to maximise financial benefit to the lawyers. If you've got enough money you can make it last for years.

i dont know much baout the legal system but who does this benefit if it gets drawn out over a long period of time? other than the lawyers.

Clogged up court system with so many gerald and bogans. Add to that the multiple misdemeanors and crap that goes through there too. Just want it all to hurry up and be over and done with

I didn't realise how bad our legal system was till recently when a friend was dealing with a business insurance case – basically if someone makes claim against you and even if that claim is not valid and even if you have an entire audit trail to disprove the claim, most businesses insurance companies will still pay out the claim and not give them the opportunity to defend the claim in court, especially if the claim is for less than $10000 - the insurance companies reasoning, it costs more than that to defend.

It's a stupid, stupid world we live in

At least they deferred it until our season was finished.

missing_something link said:
I didn't realise how bad our legal system was till recently when a friend was dealing with a business insurance case – basically if someone makes claim against you and even if that claim is not valid and even if you have an entire audit trail to disprove the claim, most businesses insurance companies will still pay out the claim and not give them the opportunity to defend the claim in court, especially if the claim is for less than $10000 - the insurance companies reasoning, it costs more than that to defend.

It's a stupid, stupid world we live in
 Same applies for Workers' Comp.  We had a totally bogus claim for $70k made and the insurance company paid it out because they couldn't be bothered fighting it.  The next year's premiums reflect it too.  

missing_something link said:
less than $10000 - the insurance companies reasoning, it costs more than that to defend.

It costs way more than $10K to take a case to court, Insurance companies are spending your money (& their shareholders) when they do this, whatever the moral issues involved they very rarely will take precedence over cold hard cash!

Unfortunately it is only adjourned until the Monday prior to the GF. If we are still in the running I hope it gets another bump.

deadlyeagle link said:
i dont know much baout the legal system but who does this benefit if it gets drawn out over a long period of time? other than the lawyers.

No one benefits apart from the lawyers who continue to get paid until the case is finalised.

The Alleged victim has to continue to go through the pain of the event until it is over and done with and put to rest.

Alleged offender has to go through the anguish of waiting for an outcome - are they guilty or not.

The prosecutors have an ever growing list of court matters to prosecute.

The Police are taken away from there normal duties each time they have to turn up for court.

And the lawyers get paid for their time for representing the client. So they are the only ones who benefit.

Ryno link said:
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=181549.msg239409#msg239409 date=1251799360]

No one benefits apart from the lawyers who continue to get paid until the case is finalised.

The Alleged victim has to continue to go through the pain of the event until it is over and done with and put to rest.

[etc]

[/quote]
Don't you mean the alleged pain of the alleged event? Plus, it will only ever be allegedly put to rest.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4