News: Steve Matai’s set to take flight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE Manly Sea Eagles have been given the strongest indication yet that star centre Steve Matai will leave the club at season’s end.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4798-steve-matais-set-to-take-flight.html">Read the full article</a>

Can't keep everyone I suppose. It would be a shame if he left though, he has been close to our best all year, and one of my favourite players to watch. Wonder if $ is the sticking point or something else?

Apparently the Bulldogs have offered Hodkinson 100k more than what we have... Interesting decisions ahead for Manly.

Not sure about their financials but i reckon the Sharks would have a go at Matai, they need a backline.

We should really get rid of Bailey since T Rex is basically a utility these days

Pepi link said:
Apparently the Bulldogs have offered Hodkinson 100k more than what we have... Interesting decisions ahead for Manly.

Where did you hear that?

Pepi link said:

that'd make the bulldogs offer around 300 - 350k (insane for a first year half no matter how much promise they may have)

****, I hope we can hold onto him somehow, will leave a big hole in our side if he leaves imo

350k for Hodkinson is ridiculous money really, when you consider that he hasn't taken control of a game at all yet. He has been solid but nothing spectacular

Hodkinson has it all before him at Manly, incumbent halfback at one of the strongest clubs in the comp.
I hope he thinks long and hard about walking away for extra cash and a maybe.

I'd hate to see him go. For mine he's one of the most important and passionate players in our entire team. I guess we'll what life might be like without him over the next three games . . .

We will certainly miss his dummy half running, i really think we underestimate how much he contributes in that department.

Not necessarily, we don't know what Steve is asking. He came into our ranks as an unknown, and last time his contract was upgraded he was probably still on modest money. If he now finally wants his true market value then my guess is that would be quite a lot.

missing_something link said:
that'd make the bulldogs offer around 300 - 350k (insane for a first year half no matter how much promise they may have)

Those figures are just not real. The rumour mills calculator is defective.

Halves and five-eighths play in partnerships. Foran and Hodko complement each other so well. (We saw what our attack looked like minus Foran against the Slimes). He would be mad to go.

Jatz Crackers link said:
You will note in that article that Foran has re-signed.

He actually hasn't officially put pen to paper, but he's agreed to terms and is happy with the deal so he is staying. Just a matter of time. The relevance is that the money has been allocated etc even if he hasn't officially signed his name at the bottom of the contract yet.

Matai 's future at the club will hinge on Hodkinson staying or going. If Hodkinson signs with the Dogs , Manly will probably retain Matai and push Lyons into 6.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7