News: Sterlo - keep Foran at five-eighth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="articleBody" />
<p>PETER STERLING believes Manly would be wise to avoid considering switching boom five-eighth Kieran Foran to the centres.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5461-sterlo-keep-foran-at-five-eighth.html">Read the full article</a>

He's right - Foran is a 6 or 7, with lock the only other possibility. 6 and 13 are pretty similar in the modern game - A lock needs rock solid defence, ability to play on both edges and through the middle, and be able to ballplay, with kicking a massive bonus. Sound like one K Foran?

Agreed putting him in the centres wastes his natural ability as a ball player and virtually rules out what is developing into a good short kicking game. He isn't big enough to play lock. When he hits his mid 20's and has developed a little more physically he may be able to bulk up but he isn't a huge guy anyway.

Foran is more a running 5/8 & once we take more control in the fowards & get a roll on will cut opposition to shreds - the best option atm is to leave him there tho some prefer Lyon at 5/8, i think the Lyon King is the complete centre. Would Foran make it in 9 - definately - then again could play in 1-17 & do the job - leave him in 6......

I think he gets a bit lost at centre and doesn't get involved enough. I like when has the ball in his hands. Foran would be wasted at hooker. I can't believe some people are suggesting it. Foran's impact would be lessoned due to the extra amount of defense he would need to get through. Take a look at how many tackles Ballin makes compared to Foran a game. Some people have NFI. Besides why would we want to move Ballin? I'd say he would be third choice hooker for Australia behind Smith and Farrah.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8