1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Sterlo - keep Foran at five-eighth

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

+971 / 7
    <div class="articleBody" />
    <p>PETER STERLING believes Manly would be wise to avoid considering switching boom five-eighth Kieran Foran to the centres.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5461-sterlo-keep-foran-at-five-eighth.html">Read the full article</a>
  2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+6,236 / 44
    Sterlo's an expert after he's seen a replay.
  3. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    +211 / 4
    He's right - Foran is a 6 or 7, with lock the only other possibility. 6 and 13 are pretty similar in the modern game - A lock needs rock solid defence, ability to play on both edges and through the middle, and be able to ballplay, with kicking a massive bonus. Sound like one K Foran?
  4. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

+33 / 0
    Agreed putting him in the centres wastes his natural ability as a ball player and virtually rules out what is developing into a good short kicking game. He isn't big enough to play lock. When he hits his mid 20's and has developed a little more physically he may be able to bulk up but he isn't a huge guy anyway.
  5. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+1,171 / 15
    I think he'll become our long term 5/8th and should be left there.
  6. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    +2,233 / 54
    Foran is more a running 5/8 & once we take more control in the fowards & get a roll on will cut opposition to shreds - the best option atm is to leave him there tho some prefer Lyon at 5/8, i think the Lyon King is the complete centre. Would Foran make it in 9 - definately - then again could play in 1-17 & do the job - leave him in 6......
  7. King

King Active Member

+45 / 0
    I think he gets a bit lost at centre and doesn't get involved enough. I like when has the ball in his hands. Foran would be wasted at hooker. I can't believe some people are suggesting it. Foran's impact would be lessoned due to the extra amount of defense he would need to get through. Take a look at how many tackles Ballin makes compared to Foran a game. Some people have NFI. Besides why would we want to move Ballin? I'd say he would be third choice hooker for Australia behind Smith and Farrah.