News: Spoilsport sponsors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
THIS is one of the most incredible stories in the NRL. In a day and age where players can demand and receive five figure amounts for wearing sporting equipment, Brett Stewart is finding out how fickle some major companies are.

Read the full article

name and shame.

who used to sponsor his boots that let media hype and gallops false accusations make them think he was not guilty?

Brett should have received millions from News Limited rather than what he got. Maybe if they were into phone tapping here they would have discovered his innocence too. People like Gallop and Rebecca Wilson have unfairly pilloried him and should have the balls to apologise.

Peter Peters, you must be the worst media manager in the NRL, maybe even sports in Australia.
What a nothing article about a millionaire having to buy his own boots.
Why must you bring up dribble like this about Brett. Be proactive for once and do something good for Manly in the media....promote the good they do not cr@p like this

Yes Frogz, articles like this make our brand seem cheap and just silly. Although it seems to be a thing with the League. I noticed a large picture of Hindmarsh standing in the main street of Robertson in this morning's Telecrap. No clothing with any Parra slogans or sponsors. Missed opportunity. Peters is a hack who should have moved on many moons ago.

And another thing. I think it's ridiculous that the team hasn't got itself a boot sponsor. Where is the marketing department in all of this? Poor form from the club.

nothing article.

there are talented local kids here and in the bush that buy or go to st vinnies for shoes.

my fave shoes have holes in them

wgaf

DSM5 said:
Yes Frogz, articles like this make our brand seem cheap and just silly. Although it seems to be a thing with the League. I noticed a large picture of Hindmarsh standing in the main street of Robertson in this morning's Telecrap. No clothing with any Parra slogans or sponsors. Missed opportunity. Peters is a hack who should have moved on many moons ago.

And another thing. I think it's ridiculous that the team hasn't got itself a boot sponsor. Where is the marketing department in all of this? Poor form from the club.

I don't think that any club would have a boot sponsor, it's typically something that players organize for themselves. A club tying themselves to a specific brand would be a big downside for big name players who have their own endorsement deals.

With that said, the above the article is absolute balls. Peters is surely one of the worst media men in the league (which really says something when you look at the quality of RL journalism).

So Brett doesn't have an endorsement deal at the moment, who cares. I don't see how making him look like a gronk that no company will touch helps him or the club. FMD Peters is a bevan.

Frogz said:
Peter Peters, you must be the worst media manager in the NRL, maybe even sports in Australia.
What a nothing article about a millionaire having to buy his own boots.
Why must you bring up dribble like this about Brett. Be proactive for once and do something good for Manly in the media....promote the good they do not cr@p like this

Millionaire? Brett? Interesting concept given he has no external endorsements and just had to pay a hefty legal bill.

He has money sure but a millionaire I doubt it. Most players get their boots free especially the silly coloured ones.
You are nitpicking and missing the point he is making. The greater point is Brett has been left high and dry even though he was innocent and he is still being wrongly judged.

Zorba mat not be the worlds best journo and I have had my differences with him in the past but he is raw, passionate about manly and it's family of players and above all his heart is in the right place.

Some people will just whinge about everything and it really does get tiring. We don't have to be blindly positive but being negative and critical of everything is just as boring

The point is Dan that Peter's is a dumbfucque when writing stuff like this. He may well be 'raw and passionate' but that doesn't make him any good at what should be now, a highly professional side of the club. We have a brand to uphold and articles like this just make Brett, and our club, seem dumb and stupid. His heart might be in the right place but his head certainly isn't. He should be writing about how the players get out and about to schools and meet and greet sponsors etc. Highlighting what's attractive about the club will bring in sponsors, not crap like this article.

These arguments have been bandied about for years I was one of those who bandied them but it has done us no real damage and it's really only local media anyway

The small local sponsors support us and read the small local papers. Peters should stick to promoting the positive message, not continue along the path of least resistance.

I believe Brett is being ignored now as the second best fullback in the competition (will be the best by the finals when his back to full strength) how often do we see him in any advertising.

Perhaps dsm but do you really have the energy to care that much about it?

Zorba Zorbas should have written more about he Kaspersky deal and promote this product, or the an article on our upcomming rivalry weekend game against drugcastle.

I don't really care about Peters Dan, you're right. Brookvale is on the money. Peters is a dinosaur.

DSM5 said:
I don't really care about Peters Dan, you're right. Brookvale is on the money. Peters is a dinosaur.

That must make me one too, having worked with Zorba at The Sun.
I would rather Zorba, and trust him more, than the ' new broom' at the Bulldogs who tell lies and have destroyed the reputation of the club in a couple of years.
There is a lot to be said for loyalty and experience, two traits that Zorba has.
If you have never been in the media then it is hard to have an accurate opinion.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4