News: Sin-bin for serial offenders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>NRL referees boss Robert Finch has reacted to criticism over the number of penalties in the opening two rounds of the competition by warning players they will be banished to the sin-bin unless they improve their discipline.</p><p>On the same day Manly coach Des Hasler renewed his criticism of the two-referee system, Finch said he had spoken to the whistle-blowers about being more proactive with serial offenders. </p><p>That means using the sin-bin. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/sin-bin-for-serial-offenders.html">Read the full article</a>

I'm definitely with Des on not liking the two ref system. I know I'm covering old ground here, but last Sunday two on-field refs and one in the box couldn't see Warriors boys in front of the kicker for the last try. If the two ref situation was successful at least one of those refs should have picked that up.

Steve Clark was interviewed on the two-ref system here:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=792755

Significantly he said:
"So a higher penalty count was always going to be the result of having the two-referee system. "

Now Finch's response to there being more penalties (as expected) is to add on a new layer of more severe penalties (sinbinning) - justified because there are more penalties!!!

Who needs players to decide a game when we have referees?

Rex there is now two coin flips. One for the field direction and kick off, the other to see who wins.

niccipops link said:
I'm definitely with Des on not liking the two ref system. I know I'm covering old ground here, but last Sunday two on-field refs and one in the box couldn't see Warriors boys in front of the kicker for the last try. If the two ref situation was successful at least one of those refs should have picked that up.

and through the earpiece the 2nd ref was saying check it. So what is the point if they ignore the other ref anyway?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2