News: Simple message from the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
FROM aging rock'n'rolling grandmothers frolicking with muscled footballers on the beach to Thomas Keaneley odes to nobody in particular to Hoodoo Guru anthems to last year's nostalgic dipping of the lid to heroes of the past, the NRL's television advertising campaign is always met with eyebrows cocked. This year, the game drops the hype and reverts to its basic, fundamental dream - the kid in the park, pigskin in hand, wanting to become his hero.
When the NRL unveils its multi-million advertising campaign at its season launch at The Domain in Sydney tonight, guests will see seven-year-old Penrith junior Cameron Lloyd and 14-year-old La Parouse junior Alex Johnston live their own dream when they metamorphosise into Manly fullback Brett Stewart and Storm five-eighth Greg Inglis - both combatants from last year's grand final.
They'll do this to a reworked version of Australia Idol star Wes Carr's "Feels like Woah'', which was applied to the advertisement after it was initially shot.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/simple-message-from-the-nrl.html">Read the full article</a>

The NRL should save their money and just show highlights of the '08 GF with a theme tune of "We are the Champions" backed by "Loser".

I am going to the season launch  - will let you know tomorrow what it is like

I thought it was pretty good myself.

i think it is awesome - i was about to say there was very little manly in there, but what a way to finish off. What a tribute to the great beaver!! - Something they never did for Johns or any other that i can remember. That is have them in the following years promo when they weren't even playing in the comp.

Zep link said:
i think it is awesome - i was about to say there was very little manly in there, but what a way to finish off. What a tribute to the great beaver!! - Something they never did for Johns or any other that i can remember. That is have them in the following years promo when they weren't even playing in the comp.

That's because he is an all round nice guy, a gentleman of the game and a great example to kids.

The song starts with the dream (or actuality) of a skinny little kid growing up as Brett Stewart, scoring and setting up finals series winning tries.  And ends showing his father taking him to watch the footy. The other teams are mere support acts.

What's not to like?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6