1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Signing Orford the key

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    <span class="story-summary-bold">PREMIERS Manly will offer Dally M Medal winner Matt Orford a new two-year contract in the first step towards stopping their team from being torn apart. </span>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/signing-orford-the-key.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I thought he wanted to go to england... is he going to take a pay cut?

3. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    cant wait till DSM5 sees this article :D

4. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    will add stability

5. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    We need to sign him.  Hopefully he will sign for $300k to $350k max.

6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    England suddenly became less attractive following Inland Revenue action to close a big tax loophole for the Aussies.

7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Maybe Ox has a couple of skeletons in the closet regarding potential visa approval problems ;). Does anyone know what his driving record was like during his time as a postie ?

I think we are between a rock and a hard place, there isn't exactly a glut of NRL ready halfbacks on the market that we can choose from. We have some POTENTIALLY good young guys coming through in Foran and Cherry Ripe, and I assume that Hodgkinson was bought with an eye to the future. Des and Crusher may feel they need another year or two of work before they are ready to step up. Whilst I don't think Orford is what you'd consider a top shelf half, I've got no problems if we resign him on a deal commensurate with his ability/performance....which isn't $450K a season IMO.

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Cliffy Gc you know what I'd say, so I won't say it.  Without Lyon, he'd better step up. 

9. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    very disappointed i was expecting a spray and a half
    u be at brookie next weekend
    be keen to come and smack some sense in to you (i mean share a beer)
    hahhahaah

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    After today Cliffy, you're blind devotion to Orfoul is just plain weird.

11. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    hes not the best going around but hes the best weve got, ive said for awhile he needs a good 5/8 next to him

12. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    i hope we release him. Hes been rubbish this year and will only get worse.

Time to get some new blood in.

13. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    i agree ,i wouldnt be in the least bit phased if we don't retain orful his kicking game leaves alot to be desired,bring in the new blood,ive been watching a bit of toyota cup and foran and cherry evans are going great,good to build on for the future anyway don't get mje wrong but i mean he is 31 hes not getting any better and how he won the dally m last year is beyond me.

14. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I hope we don't sign him, I need some new blood to complain about. I swear he did the same kick on the last when we we're on their line. Just no variety at all.

15. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Get some new blood in, and then spend the 1st part of their careers ripping them to shreds on here as well, and continue to lose footy games.

I can't see a rookie half solving any of our problems for next season, especially if Lyon leaves at the end of 2010 which seems likely

16. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Would Orford make a better 5/8 and try to blood a younger half beside him?? Hodgkinson, Orford, Lyon, Matai, D Williams, Robinson, Stuart. With T Williams and Bailey on beach as both can cover backs and forwards??

17. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
  18. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
  19. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    he is a hog who does not trust his players around him

20. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Bullcrap, name someone you would rather have there, Hog my ass......... Id have that backline any day. When forwards are dogging it, back line is disjointed it looks bad for the best half in the game. If hes a hog, ive never seen a game of footie in my life............. stupid comment and not a valid reason.