News: Sharks "gave players sex toys".

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
<div class="top_panel"><div id="article_update" class="noprint">The Cronulla Sharks paid $20,000 to a female staffer after she was accidentally hit in the face by the club's chief executive Tony Zappia, Fairfax have reported.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/3904-sharks-qgave-players-sex-toysq.html">Read the full article</a>

Re: News: Sharks \

There certainly is a lot of shark hunting going on these days and I don't think that lot are a protected species.

Re: News: Sharks

Can we have a poll on what toys were provided eg blow ups, dildos etc

OneEyedEagle link said:
I wonder what toy Jason Stevens was given..... The mind boggles  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

A jar of vaseline.

He gets his rocks off just watching the other guys. 

When will these scumbag journos be held to account for bringing the game into disrepute?

There was the beatup job done on Stewy until the Sharks came along even brighter & shinier.

If people are shocked by any of this sort of behaviour, they need to get out into the real world a bit more. There's nothing wrong here. There's nothing wrong with a business owner supporting his club.

If sports journalists are truly sports fans, they'll stop trying to bludgeon to death the thing that they're supposed to love. THEY are the real f**king criminals.

Duff link said:
When will these scumbag journos be held to account for bringing the game into disrepute?

There was the beatup job done on Stewy until the Sharks came along even brighter & shinier.

If people are shocked by any of this sort of behaviour, they need to get out into the real world a bit more. There's nothing wrong here. There's nothing wrong with a business owner supporting his club.

If sports journalists are truly sports fans, they'll stop trying to bludgeon to death the thing that they're supposed to love. THEY are the real f**king criminals.

Well said Duff!

Too ****ing right....much applause for you

Nothing wrong with being given a sex toy but unfortunately the fact that they have lost 8 games straight would suggest that it hasn't worked and they they may be too tired to perform on the field.

At least it has taken the focus off John's and Brett for a while at least.

Do you honestly think it is appropriate to give someone a sex toy within the work place?

Seriously?

Re: News: Sharks \

I set up my asisstant at the Broncos game witha really hot looking Manly Supporter (he's a Bronco's supporter) and they have been "seeing" each other for two weeks now, does that count????

Actually she's really nice and he's a good kid as well so nothing untoward I just made sure they sat next to each other on the day!!

It is between the employer and the employee's whether it is appropriate or not lsz, nobody else

Within an office environment you need to consider the potential impact on all staff.

They cannot be that thick not to think that any employee (not necessarily a player) could be offended by that

It is not like it is a bunch of flowers....there is a fair chance someone could be offended.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I set up my asisstant at the Broncos game witha really hot looking Manly Supporter (he's a Bronco's supporter) and they have been \"seeing\" each other for two weeks now, does that count????

Actually she's really nice and he's a good kid as well so nothing untoward I just made sure they sat next to each other on the day!!

That wouldn't be Chris and Sammi would it??
I told both of them that mixed marriages don't work, but you can't hold back the passion of a Manly supporter!

lsz link said:
Within an office environment you need to consider the potential impact on all staff.

They cannot be that thick not to think that any employee (not necessarily a player) could be offended by that

It is not like it is a bunch of flowers....there is a fair chance someone could be offended.

tbh, in nearly everything you gave out there could be some that could find it offensive. It is a non issue for me personally

lsz link said:

IF true:

Managers doing these types of high risk behaviours, trying to make themselves look good = managers out of their depth.

On leak from one unhappy player or partner is all it takes.

Rex link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=180452.msg223904#msg223904 date=1242884226]

IF true:

Managers doing these types of high risk behaviours, trying to make themselves look good = managers out of their depth.

On leak from one unhappy player or partner is all it takes.
[/quote]

Agree 100%

Rex & Isz,

It just sounds like you guys are willing to play the game. You think that other peoples reactions should determine your actions.

What about just standing up & saying "this is who I am & this is what I do. The rest of you can suit yourself"?

The fact that someone may be offended by something shouldn't stop you doing it if logic & reason can determine that what's being done is, within its context, harmless.

You're corporate ladder climbers, right?

I cannot believe that you can say giving out sex toys is harmless?

How could you think that someone could not be offended by that? I am not but as a manager I would never put my staff in a position where they would feel uncomfortable.

Can you put your hand on your heart and say no one would ever be offended by a sex toy? As a manager you have a responsibility to create a safe comfortable environment for your staff.

Yes you do have to worry about what other people think. It is part and parcel of the job

Look I'm not offended by a sex toy or two but as a former manager I can tell you it's inappropriate in the workplace and I presume players are workers and the sex toys were handed out while they worked. And strippers in the change rooms? maybe nice, but again inappropriate.  Where was Zappia and the other Shark personnel while this was going down?    Newsworthy?  I wouldn't think so.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6