News: Second Newcastle Knight under drug microscope

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>A SECOND Newcastle Knights player is under investigation as police widen their probe into an alleged drug ring with links to an outlaw motorcycle gang in northern NSW.

</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4464-second-newcastle-knight-under-drug-microscope.html">Read the full article</a>

Forward Danny Wicks has quit the Newcastle Knights after being charged with the supply and possession of illegal drugs.

The 24-year-old was arrested last week and charged with six counts of supplying speed and ecstasy and two counts of possession.

A Newcastle court was told Wicks was near the top of a drug supply network stretching from Newcastle to Grafton.

He was charged with three others, including his sister and brother-in-law, before being released on bail. He is due to face court on February 3.

Wicks has now advised the NRL club that he wishes to terminate his $200,000-per-year contract, which still had three seasons to run.

"I have a very high regard for the club, its supporters and its sponsors," he said in a statement.

"Importantly, the players have been put under enormous scrutiny and pressure which they do not deserve.

"It's the right thing for me to do so the club can move forward.

"The Knights have a strict code of conduct which I have always supported and I feel obliged to disassociate myself from the club until my matter is resolved."

Knights chief executive officer Steve Burraston said the club supported Wicks' decision.

Wicks' solicitor Mark Hanlon said his client would be vigourously protesting his innocence in court.

"Danny maintains his innocence and will defend the charges," he said.

abc.net.au

Their 2010 season is going to be like leftovers on Boxing Day .... Heaps of cold turkey for everyone!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2