News: Sea Eagles won't Bear it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186072.msg308372#msg308372 date=1291279745]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186072.msg308367#msg308367 date=1291277298]
The hatred is building already.  Should be a fever pitch over the next couple of years by the time the central coast is admitted.  

The first game against the CC should be a beauty if this keeps up.  The passion and hatred of the local derby is comming back.  Love it
There is no coming back for the bears, no matter how you keep dreaming of their return. The comp does not need another team in Sydney. It needs to expand to other parts of the country first.

I wonder if you would be just as passionate if the CC ditched the Bears logo and actually decided to go it alone, not try and reincarnate Nth Sydney???

[/quote]

Last time I looked the central coast wasn't in Sydney.

The NRL has already had teams in Perth and Adelaide as well as a second team in Brisbane but they didn't support them and they eventually died.

If the central coast has the necessary funding and they will undoubtedly have the supporter base then why not let them in?
[/quote]
Spoken like a true Bears supporter  ;)

Why the **** do the bears need north sydney to berowrah then?
Their business plan entails having one foot in Sydney and one foot on the Central Coast. This will not be a CC team. It will be a reincarnation of a pathetic franchise that last won a premiership before WW2.

tookey link said:
The hatred is building already.  Should be a fever pitch over the next couple of years by the time the central coast is admitted. 

The first game against the CC should be a beauty if this keeps up.  The passion and hatred of the local derby is comming back.  Love it
There is no coming back for the bears, no matter how you keep dreaming of their return. The comp does not need another team in Sydney. It needs to expand to other parts of the country first.

I wonder if you would be just as passionate if the CC ditched the Bears logo and actually decided to go it alone, not try and reincarnate Nth Sydney???

[/quote]

The NRL has already had teams in Perth and Adelaide as well as a second team in Brisbane but they didn't support them and they eventually died.

If the central coast has the necessary funding and they will undoubtedly have the supporter base then why not let them in?
[/quote]

What was the 2nd Brisbane team?There really does need to be a 2nd team in Brisbane.There are 2 million people,more than enough for 2 teams!If the reports from WAMF and others in WA are right,the NRL should probably look at a team in Perth.While on the subject of the CC,I thought they had registered a name other than bears.I heard they tried one name (can't recall),but it was taken up by another team somewhere.So,they fad to try another,but from memory,it wasn't bears.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291330084[/time]

WAMF link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186072.msg308412#msg308412 date=1291328709]
The hatred is building already.  Should be a fever pitch over the next couple of years by the time the central coast is admitted. 

The first game against the CC should be a beauty if this keeps up.  The passion and hatred of the local derby is comming back.  Love it

[/quote]

[/quote]
Spoken like a true Bears supporter  ;)

Why the f**k do the bears need north sydney to berowrah then?
Their business plan entails having one foot in Sydney and one foot on the Central Coast. This will not be a CC team. It will be a reincarnation of a pathetic franchise that last won a premiership before WW2.

[/quote]

And I don't think that they will support a team that plays 1/2 it's games "away".They want a CC team,not a bunch of nomads.They won't travel when they have a perfectly good stadium smack bang in the centre of Gosford.(not that I'm a big fan of Bluetongue anyway).

The second Brisbane team was called the South Queensland crushers and were admitted into the NRL in 1992

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Queensland_Crushers

Don't you think that it is embarassing and a blight on Manly supporters that we have less than 4,000 members whereas a team like the central coast has over 4,000 and they don't even have a team in the competition?

Tookes is a bit of a hypocrite.

So the Crushers were a 'Brisbane team' but the CC Bears are in no way a Sydney team, right Tookes?

WAMF link said:

So the Crushers were a 'Brisbane team' but the CC Bears are in no way a Sydney team, right Tookes?

The crushers were based in brisbane and played out of lang park.  Guess that makes them a brisbane team.

Central coast will be based on the central coast and play out of CC stadium so I guess that makes then a central coast side.

The only conmnection to norths is to bring in the coporate sponsorship that is required to fund the team.  Most of the norths area with the exception of Asquith and Berowra are rugby areas anyway. 

I doubt that there will be too many old norths supporters going to follow them at the CC and they cannot play more than one game at NSO because the oval doesn't meet NRL guidelines. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186072.msg308425#msg308425 date=1291330553]

The crushers were based in brisbane and played out of lang park.  Guess that makes them a brisbane team.

Central coast will be based on the central coast and play out of CC stadium so I guess that makes then a central coast side.

The only conmnection to norths is to bring in the coporate sponsorship that is required to fund the team.  Most of the norths area with the exception of Asquith and Berowra are rugby areas anyway. 

I doubt that there will be too many old norths supporters going to follow them at the CC and they cannot play more than one game at NSO because the oval doesn't meet NRL guidelines. 
[/quote]
Just for interest sake Tooks. Where do you see the "central coast bears" boundaries, regarding their juniors ?

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186072.msg308428#msg308428 date=1291331048]

[/quote]
Just for interest sake Tooks. Where do you see the "central coast bears" boundaries, regarding their juniors ?

[/quote]

Officially the central coast should be their junior base.  There are heaps of players there to fill their junior teams. 

Once norths teams get to 15/16 years of age they play in the Manly comp anyway as there are not eniough teams to make a norths comp. 

If CC are admitted in 2013 then the NRL needs to redesign the junior boundaries because CC having a territory from the harbor bridge to the top of the central coast and going out to cherrybrook and pennant hills is huge and much more than Manly's area.

But I suppose in reality all teams will continue to poach players from other club's junior areas so it doesn't make much difference.

tookey link said:

[/quote]

Except you are saying that they are a Brisbane team and played all of their games at Lang Park...guess what, the Bears won't be playing all their games at Gosford...they will play at NSO 2 TImes a season. This just stinks to high heaven of the Bears wanting the best of both worlds.

You can't have both. You have Central Coast and give up Berowra and Asquith and actually have a chance of joining the competition, or stay on the North Shore and kiss any chance of a license goodbye. Either way, we get Berowra and Asquith :)

The 'bears' aren't in the comp, so why have they got any rights to anything?  Florimo is just a knob.     

One thing everyone's overlooked, are they a North Sydney team or a Central Coast team? They can't have it both ways. The traditional boundaries should not exsist as they have moved so should the boundaries.

Tookey, Norths would rather no NRL players at all visit schools in their area than players from the nearest NRL club.

Can you explain how this in the best interests of the potential players?  Or in the best interests of Rugby League?

The boundary should be at the hawkesbury/brooklyn bridge if they truly want to be a central coast team. Getting involved in areas further south than that isnt a central coast team.
We've already had a team here that played at blue tongue but whos heart was further south and it FAILED. Why on earth they think wed want that again is beyond me.
As  a CC resident im slightly excited about the prospect of having a central coast team.....manly for life ofcoure BUT id still attend local games and take an interest. I'm also happy for the bears to be part of it as im a traditionalist and like the idea of an old club going round again but ONLY if its a 100% relocation with no ties to sydney. And thats the attitude of most CCers.

tookey link said:
The second Brisbane team was called the South Queensland crushers and were admitted into the NRL in 1992

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Queensland_Crushers

Tooks, hate to be pedantic, but the Crushers entered the competition in 1995. The year the Superleague war blew up. Don't rely on Wikipedia!

On the Bears front, they need to employ a strategic consultant. If they think that picking a fight with Manly is the way to impress the unaligned (i.e. non-Norths) CC supporters they are dead wrong based on some of the more reasoned feedback in the Bellylaugh yesterday. Apart from the usual hysterical anti-Manly nonsense that is!

They either want to be a CC team holus bolus or have a bet each way. The latter might work with the corporate types in and around the lower North Shore, but I don't think it's the correct strategy in the Central Coast 'bums on seats' market.

As for how many members we have - doesn't help when your home ground can only seat about 3 to 4,000 fans undercover. Hopefully things will improve (at Brookvale) further in the coming years.

Rex link said:
Tookey, Norths would rather no NRL players at all visit schools in their area than players from the nearest NRL club.

Can you explain how this in the best interests of the potential players?  Or in the best interests of Rugby League?

Central coast bears are completely wrong as schools should have both CCB and Manly visit their school as their are arguements supporting both sides.
Let the kids decide who they want to follow

DSM5 link said:
The 'bears' aren't in the comp, so why have they got any rights to anything?  Florimo is just a knob.     

First part of your post is correct but Florimo is a top bloke.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186072.msg308501#msg308501 date=1291366937]

Central coast bears are completely wrong as schools should have both CCB and Manly visit their school as their are arguements supporting both sides.
Let the kids decide who they want to follow
[/quote]
With all the noise the Bears made about Manly players visiting "their" schools, and how it should be Souths NRL players instead, interesting to hear what the schools actually said.  How Manly had been the ones visiting them over recent years, how approaches had been made to other clubs to visit, and Manly was the only one who did... So where were the CCB boys when the hard yards needed to be won? Gone missing?

Seems like the Bears are solely driven by hatred.  Seems they (or Souths) have little interest in proactively looking after Northern Sydney schools by getting NRL players to visit.  Yet they are majorly offended and object when Manly step into the void to help these schools and kids.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4