1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Sea Eagles won't Bear it

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Dec 2, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>SEA Eagles chairman Scott Penn has slammed attempts by North Sydney officials to block Manly players from visiting schools in the Bears’ territory in the new year.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5276-sea-eagles-wont-bear-it.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Long-time Bears juniors coach Kevin Nicholls said Manly will not be welcomed by the schools.

'We would welcome South Sydney players, and we would expect South Sydney players to visit.
    The North Sydney area is not the Manly area.”
    ..well its a lot more geographically closer than south sydney...  dumbazz

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    what a tosser that Kevin Nicholls is

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Just one more reason to loath the Bears.

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    This ranks right up there with the most absurd things I've heard in the world of inter-club rivalries. If this attitude is anything to go by, Norths are wasting everyone's time. They obviously aren't a forward-looking franchise, they're just a bitter twisted carcass of a club, and the Central Coast deserves better.

Surely a visit from ANY NRL players would be great for the students and great for rugby league. Amazing...  

6. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    **** the bears, I also hope they miss out getting back into the NRL.

7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Simply another reason to exclude the backward bears from the NRL.

8. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Yes they do SER8..

Wonder when Gallop will step in and pull this clowns head in???

9. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,241 / 131
    The hatred is building already.  Should be a fever pitch over the next couple of years by the time the central coast is admitted. 

The first game against the CC should be a beauty if this keeps up.  The passion and hatred of the local derby is comming back.  Love it

10. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    There is no coming back for the bears, no matter how you keep dreaming of their return. The comp does not need another team in Sydney. It needs to expand to other parts of the country first.

I wonder if you would be just as passionate if the CC ditched the Bears logo and actually decided to go it alone, not try and reincarnate Nth Sydney???

11. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Was Nicholls the bloke who had a blast about Manly a couple of months back? Like a lot of these Norths types, he probably lives on the Northern Beaches!
    I don't have any real dramas with Norths re-entering the comp at some point. Who knows, they might even collapse in a heap all over again and finally be de-activated as a footballing 'force'. Especially if they insist on playing a percentage of games at NSO. The Coastal Blacktownians/Maritime Mt Druitians would love that...not.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    who are these bears i keep hearing about ???

pffffftttttt they wish they had a .1% of manlys class and prestige

13. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,389 / 36
    Wouldnt u think the bears would just cop it on the chin....They have nothing at the moment and never have,  but think that they are aligned to Souths(Russell Crowe) they are special.

What power or priveldge do they think they hold.

We should have let them die years ago and we wouldnt have to put up with Florimos crap now,

14. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,742 / 57
    Jeezus what a pack of losers. They are so pathetic it's beyond a joke that anyone would consider bringing them back into the comp. Why would the C.C want to be associated with this dead loss of a club. 2 premierships in 100 years and the last one was 90 yrs ago, **** me just give up will ya.

15. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Absolutely ridiculous decision.  As if they own the areas!  First order of business for the IC is to stop things like this happening, for the good of the game should be the no1 priority, not some petty agenda.

16. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Quote of the Month!!!

17. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,083 / 284
    Holy red-neck thread batman.

Here's a tip. There's more to life than ****ing Rugby League. How narrow minded is it, to stop kids having access to Rugby League players because of demographic.

Wake up to yourselves, one and all.

If Darren Lockyer, Manu Vatuvei, hell, Israel Falou turned up at my kids school, he'd be pumped, and so would I, for him !!

****, I'm going to bash something inanimate !

18. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    now the Tele has jumped on

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/claws-come-out-in-northern-turf-war/story-e6frexni-1225964855717

19. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,241 / 131
    There is no coming back for the bears, no matter how you keep dreaming of their return. The comp does not need another team in Sydney. It needs to expand to other parts of the country first.

I wonder if you would be just as passionate if the CC ditched the Bears logo and actually decided to go it alone, not try and reincarnate Nth Sydney???

[/quote]

Last time I looked the central coast wasn't in Sydney.

The NRL has already had teams in Perth and Adelaide as well as a second team in Brisbane but they didn't support them and they eventually died.

If the central coast has the necessary funding and they will undoubtedly have the supporter base then why not let them in?

20. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Because they're ****e.