News: Sea Eagles want out of Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SFS is definitely a better proposition than f*****g bluetongue...HATE IT!!I would go to SFS as many times as I do Brookie (5 to 10 games),but will go to zero at bluetongue.Obviously the best option is Brookie,but,as all the posts here,how to bring it about! 

Next time you guys are in Boston, go check out a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. It makes Brookvale look amazing!!!
Almost 100 years old and still very similar to it's original form.

Nothing wrong with Bluetounge as far as a Stadium goes but i'd rather stay at Brookie or next best is SFS..........and i travel down from Newcastle.

Bet there wouldn't be to many complaining if the BT Stadium was at Brookie

ayjay007 link said:
SFS is definitely a better proposition than f*****g bluetongue...HATE IT!!I would go to SFS as many times as I do Brookie (5 to 10 games),but will go to zero at bluetongue.Obviously the best option is Brookie,but,as all the posts here,how to bring it about!  

Bluetongue would be good if it was fully enclosed (seating all around the ground)

SFS has the opportunity to seem empty even with our normal 13k
Bluetongue would be atleast half full
Better than a mostly empty SFS

Shane link said:
SFS has the opportunity to seem empty even with our normal 13k
Bluetongue would be atleast half full
Better than a mostly empty SFS

Sure, except that we are a Sydney team & Bluetounge is not in Sydney. Not a great idea to put a teams stadium 90 minutes away from their area.

Our crowds would be woeful on Friday & Monday nights.

Don't worry Duff, the bogans here can't afford tickets.
As much as i'd love to only live 20 mins away from Manly's home ground, the thought of being based on the coast again brings back bad memories. Atleast with the SFS it's a generic stadium closer to Manly.
Lets just hope it doesn't come to that.

Except for a few ego's having to be deflated can someone please explain to me why North Sydney Oval would be a bad idea? It's probably not in any better shape than brooky but if saved us from going to the SFS i'd be for it! On the other hand, Blue tongue would be ok in my opinion. Considering i travel from the Mid North Coast.

Fonz link said:
Except for a few ego's having to be deflated can someone please explain to me why North Sydney Oval would be a bad idea? It's probably not in any better shape than brooky but if saved us from going to the SFS i'd be for it! On the other hand, Blue tongue would be ok in my opinion. Considering i travel from the Mid North Coast.

North sydney oval doesn't meet the NRL ground crteria in that it isn't rectangular in shape, has a cricket pitch in the middle, and doesn't have sufficient under cover seating.  Plus the long standing curse on the ground which makes any team that plays out of there unable to win a competition.

Hence why norths had no option but to be involved in the building of CC stadium.

The NRL allows one off games to be played there similar to heritage round at the SCG.

**** Cricket! ;-)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298501225[/time]

tookey link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=186520.msg317476#msg317476 date=1298500425]

North sydney oval doesn't meet the NRL ground crteria in that it isn't rectangular in shape, has a cricket pitch in the middle, and doesn't have sufficient under cover seating.  Plus the long standing curse on the ground which makes any team that plays out of there unable to win a competition.

Hence why norths had no option but to be involved in the building of CC stadium.

The NRL allows one off games to be played there similar to heritage round at the SCG.
[/quote]

Yeah fair enough response i guess!

Mybludog link said:
Nothing wrong with Bluetounge as far as a Stadium goes but i'd rather stay at Brookie or next best is SFS..........and i travel down from Newcastle.

Bet there wouldn't be to many complaining if the BT Stadium was at Brookie

I would. That's my worst nightmare. It's dull & uninspiring, just like Parra.

Brookie is great.

The NRL need to get their sh1t together before they start putting their nose in ours. Get us a proper TV deal, whole year scheduling & all those other issues that get mentioned ad infinitum, then tell us what our home ground needs to look like.

The other things with NSO is that it just doesn't have the size or setup either.

Everytime I have been there recently for games, they have had the screen in the bottom right corner from the hill side, which blocks a good portion of the try line for a lot of viewers.

However a number of years back going to the Bunnies game there when it was the battle for the wooden spoon was one of the best atmospheres and enjoyable games I have been to. It was outstanding.

DSM5 link said:
I think one of our better players was high on coke at that game Dan. 
:)

still one of the best atmospheres I have attended both with players and the supporters. Good banter between Souths and Manly fans and plenty of noise. Because of it's cauldron shape it does offer a good atmosphere there.

But I would never ever ever want manly to move there......EVER

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6