News: Sea Eagles want out of Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ant80 link said:
What happens in this scenario NRL honchos go down to Brookie and decides its to unsafe blah, blah blah to host NRL games?

I've spoken to some of the top guys at MWSE and the feedback I got is that if Brookie is not brought up to a set standard then we could lose the NRL license.

I can't remember the exact criteria as I posted it some time ago but there is a minimum number of undercover seats for members that needs to be in place and we are a long way away from that. I was told the push is coming from the NRL and it would be a base criterion to hold the license. Other aspects such as OH&S issues would also be part of it but the upgrades to seats to make them flip-ups (completed) should have helped there.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186520.msg317313#msg317313 date=1298408929]
What happens in this scenario NRL honchos go down to Brookie and decides its to unsafe blah, blah blah to host NRL games?

I've spoken to some of the top guys at MWSE and the feedback I got is that if Brookie is not brought up to a set standard then we could lose the NRL license.

I can't remember the exact criteria as I posted it some time ago but there is a minimum number of undercover seats for members that needs to be in place and we are a long way away from that. I was told the push is coming from the NRL and it would be a base criterion to hold the license. Other aspects such as OH&S issues would also be part of it but the upgrades to seats to make them flip-ups (completed) should have helped there.
[/quote]

That raises the question that if the NRL are demanding that the ground be upgraded then why don't they give is money to upgrade it? 

The NRL receives tens of millions of dollars but where does it all go to?

tookey link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=186520.msg317315#msg317315 date=1298409495]

[/quote]

That raises the question that if the NRL are demanding that the ground be upgraded then why don't they give is money to upgrade it? 

The NRL receives tens of millions of dollars but where does it all go to?
[/quote]

Grass rootes apparently

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298411857[/time]

ManlyBacker link said:

[/quote]

Could it be taken to the members that say a move to another ground be put forward as in if we don't move we will be stuck playing NSW Cup with Norths and Newton

So, if 50 people here give me 100 dollars, and they all get 50 people to give them 100 dollars and so forth, we'll have the money in no time. I'll even build the room that Jatz and i were talking about. Simple really!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=186520.msg317115#msg317115 date=1298325615]
Nice try Lowie.  I can't blame you for trying this as I can't think of a better approach.
  So you're fine with him putting out a threat so nonsensical that it defies all rational logic?
[/quote]

At least it got the issue back on the agenda.

A pyramid is same product, higher price down the line.

I am sure if you asked everyone to add a $2 on their tickets each match through the season, a lot of people would take you up on it!

Dan link said:
A pyramid is same product, higher price down the line.

I am sure if you asked everyone to add a $2 on their tickets each match through the season, a lot of people would take you up on it!

Realistically, some may donate like this, the vast majority wouldn't. They see the entry fee as a transaction, and are looking for best value - which they see as lowest cost. How to engage generosity?

[quote author=Fulton link=topic=186520.msg317278#msg317278 date=1298371321]
Forget the Academy, Rat Park and Frenchs Forest rubbish ideas.
Manly Oval has been used by the Marlins Rugby Union and the Manly Cricketers for 100 plus years. If this is to work cricket would have to be removed completely from the oval and moved the Grahams reserve adjacent to manly pool and of course they would require some incentive $$$ to go there and an upgrade of the ground.

Sorry but you are misguided about cricket. Manly Warringah only has two cricket ovals for its five grade sides - Manly and Grahams Reserve (which is like playing at a cemetry). It is the only club of 20 in the Sydney Grade Competition that doesn't have the 'mandatory' three grounds (to host 1st, 3rd and 5th grades when playing at home). Manly Cricket is very lucky that the SCA is weak and overlook this lack of playing grounds.
Mosman - a one suburb grade club - has three good ovals, yet the huge MW area only has two. That shows you: 1. The lack of decent grounds in general in MW and 2. There is no way MW Cricket would/could give up a ground without risking being kicked out of the comp.

Barry -  I tought MWCC has an oval at Frank Gray -  adjacent to Weldong for their 5th grade games

somehow the club needs to build its own stadium.... dont know how their going to find the money but it would work out in the long run.

Dan link said:
How do you tell if you're girlfriend is getting fat?

A. She starts fitting into your wife's clothes!

That's just a good joke!

Q. What is the definition of a passionate kiss?

A. When your tongue and finger meet halfway

Now thats a funny joke

Shane link said:
Whats your problem with Bluetongue mark?
wouldnt that rub the bears out?

It's a crap stadium that isn't even in the same city as where our club is based. We have no connection to that area at all. No more than any other Sydney club anyway.

I have massive problems with us being lumped in with Coasty Bogans too.

I'd prefer the SFS to Bluetongue.  I think we'll be playing out of Brookvale next season, no worries.  Further on though it's a worry.  When's the next local government elections?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8