News: Sea Eagles want out of Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMO manly oval is not enough space.. only ever been there once and that was hard enough to find parking and such.. and it was only the charity cricket match!

I've never really had an opinion on Lowe but some things like this are just plain silly.

I just can't wait until he announces our new major sponsor.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298327309[/time]

manlyforever08 link said:
IMO manly oval is not enough space.. only ever been there once and that was hard enough to find parking and such.. and it was only the charity cricket match!

I've never really had an opinion on Lowe but some things like this are just plain silly.

The grandstand at Manly oval makes the Jane Try stand look like the Taj Mahal.  I don't think that sponsors such as the Brookvale hotal would be very impressed at the suggestion of moving home games away from Brookvale. 

Moondog link said:
The Rat Park option makes sense to me. Plenty of room for expansion and they already train at Narrabeen. Downside is its still bloody Warringah council.

No, its in Pittwater, the line is the bridge at Narrabeen.

Attention Lowie: What part of 'Warringah council don't care about the sea eagles' do you not understand???
I mean pretending we're going to move to a ground that also needs millions spent to bring it up to scratch is plain dumb.
Do you really believe you're threats are going to jolt the council into some immediate action?
You need to step aside if this is the best you can do.

Ummm it's only a few councellors who don't care about manly as stated in the article, if anything this article is drawing peoples attention to that. There is actually alot of support both in the community and at Council level for Manly it has just been full of road blocks due to a minority in the community and a minority of councellors.

Don't under estimate the Brookvale Valley aciton group or what ever they are calling them selves now they seem to know how to make their minority voice the loudest and make everyone's life more difficult. (I have seen this first hand)

If Manly fans were half as organised as this group through the correct channels we would be seeing alot more action happening in our favour. Whinging about it on a manly fans online forum isn't going to fix anything. Atleast Lowe is trying some strategies what have you actually done to help matters?

As fans if you're in the local area it's easy to identify them and we should vote them off next election to make things smoother for us.

You may also recall Mayer using the same stratergy in the manly daily about the turf not being up to standard and while it did take some time the council listened and replaced it all. as well I don't recall you guys laying the boot into Mayer him at the time for using the same stratergies as Lowe?

Jonesy the fact is Lowe hasnt done anything yet to suggest he has a brainstem.......The boot will be layed into him repeatedly until we atleast get a major sponsor,this is the what 3rd season in the history of the club we havent had a marquee signing as well,Yes im calling Bailey a marquee signing,on the dough he was on he should have been classed as such

im not blaming, im with you just stating that lowe has done this to push some buttons, for me i am not local but used to live in seaforth, the minority are a pain in the perverbial back side ! is it time we changed the name of Brookvale oval ? It needs to be sorted !

We don't have a marquee signing perhaps because of all the backended contracts from 2008 to keep the likes of the stewart brothers, watmough, lyon, wolfman etc... We still have a very strong roster would you rather us rought the cap and sign more high profile international players like Melbourne? I really fail to see why we need to sign a high profile player when we already have plenty of internationals and origin players?

The papers have reported we have a sponsor and an official announcement will be made soon so i don't see your point there either?

Your missing the point completely Jonesy

Manly fans are used to getting the big signings

Such as Orford,Lyon,Kennedy and many many many
MANY others

We havent had any of those since Lowe took over
and the brained ones know why,the morons do not

Jeez imagine the parking situation at Manly oval.

If they could build a stadium at Narrabeen Sports academy or Rat park they could actually put up a great facility but that would cost waaaaayyy too much.

However it could easily attract other sports such as AFL, Soccer and Union and other exhibition matches

Shane link said:

MANY others

Dont know how Jonesy could be "missing the point completely"

His first sentence is what he offers as a reasonable explanation and your reply offers nothing to counter that.

Jonesey, mate Mayer threatened to move to the SFS, not bloody Waverley oval. Big difference.

Meyer's moving us to the SFS would have taken the 'Manly' out of the club.  Moving to a boutique oval at Manly, that seats 16000, seems like a good idea to me.  A couple of games back at Brooky each season?  Not such a bad idea.  I'd like to do the ferry thing to Manly and then walk to the game.  And on the major signing thing.  No point this season, as we've got more than a competitive roster.  Next season perhaps we could look at a couple of forwards but I don't see the need this year.     

Shane link said:

MANY others

I believe I have already passed comment on your point, You seem to be the one missing the point. But since im in a good mood i will spell it out for you.

The club has gone on record stating they would run into cap issues over the last 2 and this season, they stated late last year they have no cap to spend on players this year when the whole Orford moving back to Australia thing started growing legs.

What part of there was no room left in our cap for this season do you not understand? The club has been on record stating it many times how are they magically going to sign a marquee player on nothing?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298341487[/time]

WAMF link said:
Jonesey, mate Mayer threatened to move to the SFS, not bloody Waverley oval. Big difference.

Not really, Both moves were designed to spark action from council. Both were baseless as the Football Club would never let this happen. Lowe's move also is to spark action from Council and also Fans so they know the groups and Chancellors causing issues for us.

Shane link said:
Jonesy the fact is Lowe hasnt done anything yet to suggest he has a brainstem.......The boot will be layed into him repeatedly until we atleast get a major sponsor,this is the what 3rd season in the history of the club we havent had a marquee signing as well,Yes im calling Bailey a marquee signing,on the dough he was on he should have been classed as such

We had a few marquee signings last year, J Lyon, G Stewart, A Watmough, Foran and Matai. They are pretty good players if you ask me.

I congratulate Lowe on trying to pressure Warringah Council. The Manly Oval option is not credible, but Rat Park does have potential, albeit with a massive upgrade - and where would that money come from when we can;t get it for Brookie?

I give Lowe points for raising the possibilities.

I know I'm probably a lone voice here but if we had to move anywhere I favour North Sydney Oval; a great playing surface and good for spectators.

It is only not credible if finance can't be raised.  So yes it is not currently credible. Just like upgrading Brookie is not currently credible, and just like every other possible option within our area is currently not credible.

If there was a will, there would be a way.  Manly oval from memory has the tennis courts and a bowling green attached.  Move them out, bingo heaps more space.  Change the direction of the oval, more usable space.  Three council carparks, including one planned under the ground.  Unparalleled access to transport for our area.  NOW is the time to float this idea.  While the momentum is behind the Manly oval development.  A multisport stadium attached to transport links, serving all of the northern beaches just may appeal to the News Ltd/NRL/Gov'ts.  Apart from the pressure it may put on Warringah Council, maybe, just maybe, this may get some backing.  Unlikely, but possible. Kneejerk poo-pooing of plans B, C and/or D gets us nowhere. Personally I'd hate to move to SFS, and a move to Homebush might as well be to Penrith, but they are options too. As is NSO.

As SER8 points implies, the key news story here is the (mis)appropriation of Development Grants by Warringah Council, effectively putting the money into their general revenue by applying it to reduce their annual maintenance costs.  IMO, through these actions, it seems they've made it clear that the Sea Eagles are currently unwelcome at Brookie.  Thanks Christina.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4