News: Sea Eagles need to play smarter: Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="first">Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran has told his firebrand team-mates to improve their discipline if the Sea Eagles are to make an impact in the NRL in 2011.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5319-sea-eagles-need-to-play-smarter-foran.html">Read the full article</a>

a 20 year old telling our internationals to be abit smarter??? Shouldn't it be the other way round, matai telling the kids etc

Come on darren...Mattai telling the kids to be smarter!!!!!!!

no no no no no....lol

Foran may turn out to be a real leader, time will tell on that, but I think he is a tough little bugger and will shine this year.

Gee, Keiran showing fine leadership abilities already, hope we keep him for all his career. Go away Roosters, please leave him alone!!!

It's a mature attitude and something that shows why he is valued so highly at the club.

And he's right, of course. Poor discipline killed us last year, at the back end especially. Full strength I think we can compete against everyone (although our "A" game might not be good enough to beat the "A" game of several other teams). But a couple of suspensions leaves big holes in our team.

But on the flipside I don't want Matai to change the way he plays, because his brutal defence is a mega bonus to the team when he is successful. Asking for too much to have that without the ill-timed high shots I suppose...

Its not so much the cheap shots which get people suspended which are the discipline problems.  Its the other type of discipline we need to fix up, the discipline associated with sticking to the game plan, competing for 80 minutes, preparing for games as best as you can. 

Would help too if we won a penalty count every now and then.

its not the roosters we should be worried about poaching foran, i personally know the many of the people behind the central coast bid and they have earmarked him for a potential place in their roster. they also reckon they are the goods to get one of spots on offer in 2013, because they have been encouraged to continue with their membership drive by the nrl and if they are rejected, (im not a lawyer) could they have grounds to sue the nrl for misleading them to continue signing members?

An 80 minute game, I'd be pleased if I saw a few of these...rather than 40 great minutes and then try and hang on (usually to get run down).

I'll never forget that Townsville game last year....commanding lead at half time, almost run down....heart attack stuff for those of us that were there!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
An 80 minute game, I'd be pleased if I saw a few of these...rather than 40 great minutes and then try and hang on (usually to get run down).

I'll never forget that Townsville game last year....commanding lead at half time, almost run down....heart attack stuff for those of us that were there!
would you settle for 65min :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6