News: Sea Eagles can Mason deal after fan backlash

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is Lowe the sole arbitrator of who comes and who goes?  This decision better be the right one, i.e. our pack better stand up, or else I'll be joining the Mata's faction.  I get a bit cranky when the Manly Daily runs the joint.  I'm a member, maybe I should be consulted before decisions are made.  Although Lowe is right when he says he's not in a popular (sic) contest, the team is in a footie contest, and needs the right players in the team.  Is this the beginnings of an 'ex-coach' vs 'current coach' struggle.  Old egos v new ones?  Where's Vid when you need him.

deadlyeagle link said:
I agree that it was mainly sponsorship pressures rather than pressure from fans. Honestly if you have him in our team our forward pack looks insane but its not to be.

I believe that neither was the reason. I think they bailed out when they found out the reason why the Roosters cut him free.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=182338.msg250063#msg250063 date=1264562333]
I agree that it was mainly sponsorship pressures rather than pressure from fans. Honestly if you have him in our team our forward pack looks insane but its not to be.

I believe that neither was the reason. I think they bailed out when they found out the reason why the Roosters cut him free.
[/quote]
If he did something bad wouldn't they have been able to sack him - instead of cut him free while still paying his contract?

DSM5 link said:
Is Lowe the sole arbitrator of who comes and who goes?  This decision better be the right one, i.e. our pack better stand up, or else I'll be joining the Mata's faction.  I get a bit cranky when the Manly Daily runs the joint.  I'm a member, maybe I should be consulted before decisions are made.  Although Lowe is right when he says he's not in a popular (sic) contest, the team is in a footie contest, and needs the right players in the team.  Is this the beginnings of an 'ex-coach' vs 'current coach' struggle.  Old egos v new ones?  Where's Vid when you need him.

Would hate to think that he is the sole man DSM, Des, Chrusher, Tooves and co should be the men saying who they want and Lowe should be the man sitting down to secure them imo

From what I understand, Lowe and Hasler get on really well, although it is a possibility Lowe could offer some ideas Hasler wouldn't appreciate

Kiwi, rom the article it seemed that Hasler wanted the big fool and Lowe didn't.  There were lots of "I considered", " I looked at the impact", I, I, I from Lowe.  Maybe he's trying to make the impact play, I don't know.  It just seems to me that when the coach wants, it's up to the CEO and finances to try to accommodate. 

I have a feeling there were involvement from the owners on this one DSM

They may have been the "people at the club concerned" that he alludes too, seeing as it has been such a swift no from yesterdays statements

Regardless of what Mason might do on the field, the club did not want his influence off the field.  A game of football only takes up 2 hours of a week.

We should have signed him to say we have depth is a joke. He could have been good for us and we could have put him on a contract that hot rid of him at the first sign of trouble. Listening to fans is never a good idea and that includes us

Sea Eagles prematurely pull out of big Willie's offer.

I will stick to my principal, I for one am glad that he won't be coming. Being an employer you look for team players and past history is against Mason.

There is nothing to guarantee that he would or wouldn't be an exceptional buy. Personally I am glad we haven't taken the risk

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=182338.msg250099#msg250099 date=1264576753]
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=182338.msg250063#msg250063 date=1264562333]

[/quote]
If he did something bad wouldn't they have been able to sack him - instead of cut him free while still paying his contract?
[/quote]

Only if you can prove it

nita link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=182338.msg250095#msg250095 date=1264575992]
\"Beaver not replaced by Big Willie.  Manly CEO: We just don't swing that way\"

Winner. Gold.
[/quote]

geez I'm a funny bastard

OneEyedEagle link said:
Sea Eagles prematurely pull out of big Willie's offer.

I will stick to my principal ....
Staying close to Principal Skinner or do you have a crush on your boss???

laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif
laughing1.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6