News: Sea Eagles' begging bowl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes doomsters, how many clubs rosters for 2011 contain more internationals or SOO players than ours? Plus we have some bright youngsters.

As for sponsors, we'll end up with one despite our disorganised administration. The front office does need a comprehensive overhaul, but I hear that is on the agenda for this year.

Gee Greg after reading your monologue I think I'll just go and cut my wrists now!!

BUT DSM5 is spot on, I also have not read where we are broke, and we should be reasonably competitive this year....I see we are $2.10 to make the 8....so not exactly wooden spoon material.

These forums seem to always be full of doom and gloom rather than much that's positive, but as DSM said don't let the negative rubbish posted here at times change your views on life.

Manly WILL be competitive in 2011

and

We have LOTS to look forward to

Begging bowls, put downs , negative talk, doom and gloom, What  a lot of crap and premature ejaculation from all the pessimist. Quantum would not have invested money in the Sea eagles if they did not see a future in the club, Things will happen , our club is working on it , they have not given up unlike some of our supporters.
Quote...The pessimists sees difficulty in every opportunity, The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty...
Wishing every Eagle supporter  , a happy and positive day ;D

Greg choice link said:
As a long time fan of the club and reader of this forum I just had to sign up tonight to express my alarm at the lack of future this club has. What a joke we go from 1 owner who runs short of cash, we get 2 owners who act like children, now we have Penn who seems to be running short of cash. I have to say over the last 2 years it has been evident that we are out of cash and can no longer compete with the big boy's, if I have to here the crap coming out of the club about salary cap when it is evident to anyone with a brain the truth is lack of cash. In the 70's I used to laugh at Souths, now they have an owner who has no problem getting players and getting sponsors on board. I can't even laugh at the Knights anymore with Tinklers money. The facts are this we are on our knees and our owners don't have the cash or won't spend the cash to compete with the big boys, they have no business skills in getting sponsors. I'm glad I grew up in the 70's when we were a powerhouse and respected, now we are no better then the sharks ( at least they own there home ground) we have jokes as owners and a failed taxi driver from NZ as our chief exec, who seems more interested in TV shows in NZ then getting a sponsor. I have to say in 5 years time I doubt we will be around, or if we are we will be the Souths or magpies of the 70's and 80's always broke 

This is completely false.  Lowe was not a failed taxi driver.  He was very successful.  Back in his taxi driving days they used to call him New Zealand's answer to Ray Hadley.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295571291[/time]

master blaster link said:
funny how the Central coast bear are,nt even in yet but they are dragging in sponsors left right and centre.

Yeah, I wish we were in their shoes.  They have never had to let a player go because of the salary cap.  You never read about their players behaving badly.  They have more members than us, and none of their members have ever missed a Central Coast Bears NRL match.  Heck, they've never lost an NRL match, conceded a point or even had a player get tackled!

If they were in the comp they could quite possibly be the perfect team.

I think it hilarious that people think the CEO has nothing to do with getting the major sponsor.

It is chief among our financial success and in a company the size of Manly Sea Eagles it certainly would be a major part of his responsibility.

Unless you want the office junior to do it?

The owners stepped in to help get sponsors int he past but I would certainly pin the responsibility on the man with the TLA

Haha.....not hilarious Dan. just fact.

Mayer had very little to do with signing Quantum and, well, Lowie hasn't signed anyone.

DSM5 link said:
I always thought Delmege was the owner, not the CEO.

You'd be surprised. That's the whole reason Mayer was outed to begin with. He had an opinion, and wanted innovative change.

That didn't bode well with our trusty steed.

Mayer's crime was to announce a vacant shirt at a time to maximise the prospects of finding a replacement (aka the week before the record 2008 GF).  If only we could say that about the current CEO.

I didn't realise that seeing into the future was one of Mayer's many superpowers. Why didn't he just load up on the 40-0 result with all the money MWSE had in the coffers. We wouldn't have needed a sponsor in 2009 then, or 2011 for that matter. I'd say advertising the vacant space on the jersey of a soon to be record winning premiership side was a poor use of his "skills".

Mayer may have been a good bloke but does anyone know for a fact that he was a great CEO or did he happen to be at the right place at the right time?

Chip & Chase link said:
I didn't realise that seeing into the future was one of Mayer's many superpowers. Why didn't he just load up on the 40-0 result with all the money MWSE had in the coffers. We wouldn't have needed a sponsor in 2009 then, or 2011 for that matter. I'd say advertising the vacant space on the jersey of a soon to be record winning premiership side was a poor use of his \"skills\".
You really are obtuse, aren't you?  There were only two teams being talked about that week and Delmege wasn't paying the bills.  Do you seriously allege he should have not taken an opportunity to spruik for sponsorship out of deference?  Bizarre.

Far from it, I just love how you put a positive spin on everything that wonderboy Mayer did. Of course he should have been out there hustling for sponsorship because, as we have all learnt this past month, it is the CEO's responsibility. However the inference in you original post was that his timing was impeccable because he knew we would soon be a record winning premiership side. If we had lost would have it been viewed as a unecessary and embarrassing distraction in the week prior to the GF ?.....no doubt it would have if it was Lowe.

I know for fact that Grant Mayer personally knew the CEO of Quantum, and this is the SOLE reason why they came on...so that is rubbish.

In fact, when Delmege and co. were threatenning to oust Mayer, Quantum made the "out there" statement, that they would not renew, should he be gone.

Funnily enough, they held to that.

Ryan link said:
In fact, when Delmege and co. were threatenning to oust Mayer, Quantum made the \"out there\" statement, that they would not renew, should he be gone.

Funnily enough, they held to that.

And instead lobbed in a chunk of money to buy out Max and take equity rather than sponsorship...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6