News: Rugby league tops pay TV stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>First, its off-seasons tend to be dominated by controversy. Second, it continues to make mincemeat of its rivals on pay television.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5242-rugby-league-tops-pay-tv-stats.html">Read the full article</a>

then why doe sthat AFL crap get rammed down our throats up here? it is always the lead story on fox sport news and even channel nine (the official rugby league channel) seem to push AFL more than league. it frustrates the bejesus out a me

Because AFL is a national code and fox sports news is a nationwide program.

NRL tops the ratings because the FTA coverage is rubish, and because 2 of the 3 biggest markets are Rugby League strongholds.

I don't reckon Foxsports News favours either code in terms of preference.  From a basic news standpoint whatever the main news story of the day is, is generally what leads the broadcast off.

Not every media outlet has a conspiracy against Rugby League.

Masked Eagle link said:
I don't reckon Foxsports News favours either code in terms of preference.  From a basic news standpoint whatever the main news story of the day is, is generally what leads the broadcast off.

Not every media outlet has a conspiracy against Rugby League.
NRL has been buoyed to the top following the Labgate scandal

If Fox leads with AFL more often then not it is because it rates lower, not the opposite.

The same reason Coles put the milk at the back of the shop, they know if you are heading in to buy milk you will walk past everything else on the way, and its not like you will step in the door and see the veges and turn around and leave.

Fox sports news has no real-time competition hence why it will run the less desirable stories first, making you wait to see the news you really want to see. How many times do we see a RL headline and not hear the full story till last, after the surfing, tennis, netball and inline skating?

Ch 10 operates on a similar principal since the news runs at the earlier time, but on 9 and 7 they need to run the attention grabbing stories up front to get you hooked or else you might see the AFL and flick to the other channel.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8