News: Rugby league fans in mass brawl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wouldn't know about the green clobber.  I was thinking Dan would send them to Gitmo where orange is the preferred colour.

I am a passionate sports fan who has gone to many sporting events over the years (both here and abroad) - I have never been in a fight let alone a brawl. I find it pathetic that anyone would

I am not sure if a life ban is the answer but those responsible, if found guilty, deserve to be dealt with in harsh manner.

Doesn't surprise me.

I went there in 1993 to watch Manly v Knights.

While I was cheering on Manly several little five year olds egged on by their obviously drunk fathers started throwing rocks at a Manly fans.

Packed up and left and never went back.

These little ****s would be around 20 yo now. :(

I'm just glad we don't play in Europe somewhere. Go to a football match and even before you get there riot's break out all over the place.

The rugby league is the only place that I have seen fights break out even at our own home ground unless you go to a local football match between the Serbs and Croats after 1000 years of what has happened in the past they bring their problems here.

Was once at Gosford stadium in 2000 to watch NE and Canberra, NE won by two point and this drunken fool was giving it to my two nephews. This clown was a 20 yo tottally tanked and was pushing around my 8yo nephew. Lucky for him his 4 mates pulled him away and when I got up and approached him. Didn’t end there, after the game he was following us out of the ground till I put him on his arse without laying a finger on him, amasing what a stiff shoulder can do. Lucky security was there and held him there till I could safely get the boys out. What was even funnier was his mates laughing at him and telling him what a tosser he was.

I regularly go out to the motor racing, i.e. V8 Super Cars and the Ford and Holden fans absolutely give it to each but have never seen a fight break at the V8’s no matter how bad the banter.

Anyway it was good to see the boy’s out enjoying the day with James Courtney in the Ford Jim Beam V8.

Go Manly and Go the Fords (lowndsey)

Despite not being a Broncos supporter becauseI live in Brisbane I attend a number of games at Suncorp each year. What I notice when I go to games in Sydney that is different to the Bronco crowds  is that the Sydney clubs really hate their opponents.

I was at Brookie 2 years ago. It was Anderson's last game before he stood down s the Roosters coach. He came out to the dug out during the Premier grade match and the crowd abused the  crap out of him. Then  I  was truly amazed when Fittler joined him the abuse he too copped. It was very nasty and uncalled for. In Brisbane someone like Fittler, an icon of the game would never get abused like that.

90% of Suncorp supporters go to and from the game on Buses. There are always big crowds and lots of visiting supporters. I have never seen trouble.

It is about time supporters realised that the game needs all the support it can generate and respect all clubs supporters as part of the Rugby League family.

Tribalism is the lifeblood of rugby League in Sydney Ernie - got to say I hate the other clubs and at times their low life supporters with a passion as well - particulary if we are losing to them

ManlyBacker link said:
If it is anything like Parra stadium it would be a pack of Knight heavyweights bashing up a cripple in a wheelchair and another with two broken arms.
  Wouldn't surprise.  Newcastle and Parramatta have a lot in common.

Newcastle is easily the worst ground i have been to for yobs starting fights.

From what i have seen when i am up there unlike sydney siders the yobs start at 5 and end at 75.

It would not suprise me one bit if this 50 year spent the whole match abusing the other guys and on the way out decided to keep it going probably gave them a bit of a push and then had his arse handed to him.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
Despite not being a Broncos supporter becauseI live in Brisbane I attend a number of games at Suncorp each year. What I notice when I go to games in Sydney that is different to the Bronco crowds  is that the Sydney clubs really hate their opponents.

Mate, the most abuse I've ever copped at a sporting event was at Suncorp during a SOO game, just becasue we were supporting the Blues. It started outside the ground when we walked from the station to Suncorp and continued through the game. We gave back as good as we got, but there were some fair dinkum toothless banjo playing rednecks looking to make us sophisticated New South Welshman squeal like pigs. Post game at the pub was a little better because the Morons won, but as we kept reminding them we won the series 2-1.

Chip & Chase link said:
Post game at the pub was a little better because the Morons won, but as we kept reminding them we won the series 2-1.
  Must have been a hell of a long time ago then.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=180006.msg217948#msg217948 date=1239008758]

Mate, the most abuse I've ever copped at a sporting event was at Suncorp during a SOO game, just becasue we were supporting the Blues. It started outside the ground when we walked from the station to Suncorp and continued through the game. We gave back as good as we got, but there were some fair dinkum toothless banjo playing rednecks looking to make us sophisticated New South Welshman squeal like pigs. Post game at the pub was a little better because the Morons won, but as we kept reminding them we won the series 2-1.
[/quote]

I got admit it you are right. When Origin is on then  it is war.  We react like you guts act at club games. Maybe that shows a different side of us real Maroons.

The facts are not clear what happened up there ? i don't give a S**t if it's a Manly supporter or Knights or what ever team you support.

If true ? that's F**king really bad to go kicking someone while their on the ground a low act and the age of the guy that was getting kicked ? is a real concern IMO true blue supporters just want to watch their team play maybe a bit of friendly banter but that's it.

Once again if true this goes way beyond all of that.

DSM5 link said:
Rex, you're doing what Dan accuses me of, miss-quoting.  

Where is this alleged misquoting DSM?  I quoted your words AND looked to accurately retain the context of your words.

DSM5 link said:
When there's a stink on the field , 'we', (the Royal 'we') the fans, get all excited and roar approval, or haven't you been to a match lately.  It's not chess out there.  

If you are comparing what happens on the field to what allegedly happened in the carpark, and you find both quite exciting, and equivalent, then you are a concern DSM.

DSM5 link said:
Hypocricy is all around us Rex.  

Looked inside lately, DSM?

DSM5 link said:
We fine Choc 10K for hitting a sponsor, then talk about banning a supporter for life for hitting another supporter.  If it is then we should call for the life banning of Choc.  Both incidents are not nice, but neither are they a life banning incident.  It's probably a police matter and someone will get charged and go to Court over it and plead their case.  Not guilty until proven.  Now where have I heard that?      

And not innocent just because of the jumper they wear, either.  Agreed DSM?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7