News: Rugby league fans in mass brawl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Two rugby league fans were allegedly kicked and punched in the face in a brawl that erupted after yesterday's game between the Newcastle Knights and Manly Sea Eagles.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/rugby-league-fans-in-mass-brawl.html">Read the full article</a>

Any manly fan caught up in this should be ashamed of themselves. Just what we all need, more negative press

If it is anything like Parra stadium it would be a pack of Knight heavyweights bashing up a cripple in a wheelchair and another with two broken arms.

I'm with Dan on this one. Any Manly fans involved in causin our under the hammer club any further negative press are a total disgrace. These knobs should take our colours off and hang thier heads in shame.

Before we go on a lynching, better to get all the facts.  Don't want to have a Gallop reaction.  Who's to know that it wasn't provoked by a Druggie?  I've been up there on occasions and the place has more than its share of loonies.  They would have been out in force.   

DSM5 link said:
Before we go on a lynching, better to get all the facts.  Don't want to have a Gallop reaction.  Who's to know that it wasn't provoked by a Druggie?  I've been up there on occasions and the place has more than its share of loonies.  They would have been out in force.    

provoked sure, but if they lashed out or got involved are they really blameless. I doubt they didnt at least have words to say

What is wrong with you guys?  Maybe a bit of passion and someone got a little carried away.  Brawls happen, people get dusted, people walk away.  We like it on the field but cringe when it happens in the car-park.  Go figure.   

Ban them for life if the stories about what happened are true. 

It's uncalled for and its disappointing to know that any Manly supporters instigated a brawl especially what has been going on in recent times we just don't need this sort of negative press. You would expect this sort of behaviour of a druggie fan.

The so called fans are no better than Scumdog supporters that will only fight if they have group of ten or more. But seriously a 20yo pitted against 50yo now that's being a real hero. Wake up to yourselves you clowns.

If it's all true this is what's being commented on the druggies website.

http://www.marathonstadium.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6476&page=18

"A man mid to late 50's or so was on the ground struggling to breathe, coughing up blood. there was another guy not so badly hurt but with a bleeding nose. then a couple witnesses pointed out the idiots that did it as they were trying to leg it and get away. they got them at the driveway to come into the car park and arrested them there was about 4 or 5 I think. all manly fans. I’m not sure what sparked it all but these guys were in their mid 20's, and the oldest would have been in his 40's but he was the oldest by far of them. I just remembered thinking this is an absolute disgrace firstly to have a fight over what is essentially just a game (I’m assuming alcohol was involved) and secondly to bash this poor bloke in his 50's then try and run away. disgusting. "

OneEyedEagle link said:
It's uncalled for and its disappointing to know that any Manly supporters instigated a brawl especially what has been going on in recent times we just don't need this sort of negative press. You would expect this sort of behaviour of a druggie fan.

The so called fans are no better than Scumdog supporters that will only fight if they have group of ten or more. But seriously a 20yo pitted against 50yo now that's being a real hero. Wake up to yourselves you clowns.

If it's all true this is what's being commented on the druggies website.

http://www.marathonstadium.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6476&page=18

\"A man mid to late 50's or so was on the ground struggling to breathe, coughing up blood. there was another guy not so badly hurt but with a bleeding nose. then a couple witnesses pointed out the idiots that did it as they were trying to leg it and get away. they got them at the driveway to come into the car park and arrested them there was about 4 or 5 I think. all manly fans. I’m not sure what sparked it all but these guys were in their mid 20's, and the oldest would have been in his 40's but he was the oldest by far of them. I just remembered thinking this is an absolute disgrace firstly to have a fight over what is essentially just a game (I’m assuming alcohol was involved) and secondly to bash this poor bloke in his 50's then try and run away. disgusting. \"

If that is the truth of it, that is disgusting! I hope those manly fans are not members of this site. There is no excuse for kicking a man when he is down

We don't know the facts but it appears that these dickheads have let our whole club down. These tossers should go and support the Bulldogs if they enjoy crowd brawling.
Message to these wankers (including the Newcastle fighters) - anyone who get's physical over a game of footy needs to get a brain and a life.

The Wheel link said:
Where does it say Manly fans were involved??

If what is being stated is true then it was premeditated.

Wheel, If you go through the druggie forum link pasted in original post it does mention Manly supporters

The latest I have read was that they were giving free Chilli Beer out at the ground, can anyone confirm or deny this.

Apparently cans were being thrown????

These thugs, can't call themselves supporters and apparently they were taunting the 50yo druggie supporter and told him they will be waiting at the back of the car park.

Latest from the Terror:

"Police were called after the fight erupted in the ground's carpark about 15 minutes after fulltime.

Newcastle officials believe one of their fans was bashed by Sea Eagles fans but Manly officials claim their supporters were assaulted by Knights fans.

An argument is believed to have broken out in the grandstand during the match and then flared again after the match, won 26-12 by Newcastle.

"We have launched an investigation," Newcastle CEO Steve Burraston said.

"I don't know all the details at the moment but I have heard report of an argument between fans during the match. It is supposed to have happened as fans were leaving the ground."

There is no security vision of the area in the carpark where the brawl occurred and Newcastle officials will have to rely on witnesses and police reports."

I dont care who was at fault, but whoever it was for either teams supporters should face a life ban for the football. A disgusting low act and totally unneeded.

Gee, I'd certainly believe those Druggie fans, whatever they said must be true.  Dan, banning people who are not at fault is a weird thing to do.  I must remember that if I get innocently whacked at Leichhardt by some Tiger fans, that you'd ban me for life.  Doing a Gallop, or out Galloping the Gallop.  Not on. 

DSM5 link said:
Gee, I'd certainly believe those Druggie fans, whatever they said must be true.  Dan, banning people who are not at fault is a weird thing to do.  I must remember that if I get innocently whacked at Leichhardt by some Tiger fans, that you'd ban me for life.  Doing a Gallop, or out Galloping the Gallop.  Not on. 

have you forgotten how to read today.

I said that whoever is at fault should be banned

You said, 'I don't care who was at fault'.  I can read.  My point is that if I got whacked at Leichhardt by some Tiger supporter, I'd whack back.  Then I get banned?  As I said, we love it on the field, but piously hate it off.  Go figure. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6