1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Roosters in crisis talks with sponsors

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

+971 / 7
    <p>The Sydney Roosters are engaged in crisis talks with major sponsor Samsung as a second NRL club faces the prospect of losing a substantial backer thanks to the off-field antics of its players.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4066-roosters-in-crisis-talks-with-sponsors.html">Read the full article</a>
  2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+516 / 0
    Joke team.  I'd hate to see them kicked out of the NRL as they provide us with a terrific for and against. 

DUFFMAN Active Member

+264 / 5
    Lets all chip in $10 each. Then buy them a few slabs of beer
    A few of them will get smashed and do something stupid. Then they will loose a few sponsers and be struggling for a few years.
    Uncle Nick has had enough and had to be talked into staying with them a few days ago.
  4. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    +454 / 11
    Let's hope Samsung do walk away after all the things the Roosters have done this year.  They deserve it.

it's interesting to note that both LG and Samsung are 2 of the world's largest multi-industry companies which are based in South Korea.  Loosing them is not good for the nrl.  With the way the Koreans are, I doubt they would ever come back.
  5. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+5,435 / 49
    It seems like they're bringing themselves down and things are going from bad to worse. I feel for their fans though, if it were Manly in their position it would be horrible. It extremely sucked after the Stewart incident and the first four rounds this year. At least our guys are all toilet trained.
    One thing in the Roosters favour is that these day teams can rebuild quickly after a bad patch or season. We need the Roosters fielding a strong team so that Manly can continue to smash them.