News: Rookie to tame Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" /><p>IT’S the good news story that’s almost gone unnoticed. With two losses to start the year and all the off-field drama surrounding the Sea Eagles, the elevation of boom forward Jared Waerea-Hargreaves to first grade has barely rated a mention. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/rookie-to-tame-panthers.html">Read the full article</a>

I can't believe we still have this bloke off contract,if and when he makes a mark on Monday night his price is going to go through the roof.

I believe Jared is the first players from U20s to graduate to NRL at Manly - well done hope he has a blinder

I seem to recall he was on a pretty substantial package to lure him from the Tah's. I would like to think he has been on Des's radar for a while now, hence his patience in bringing him into the top grade.

He didn't set the world on fire in the under 20's, in saying that I have confidence in our coaching staff, good luck to him.

Good to see JWH in first grade. He did well in the few games I saw of the Rugby Australian championship or whatever it was called and he was mobile, agressive and enthusiastic. I hope he goes well.

Canteen Worker link said:
Good to see JWH in first grade. He did well in the few games I saw of the Rugby Australian championship or whatever it was called and he was mobile, agressive and enthusiastic. I hope he goes well.

I recall seeing him play that game also CW. I was impressed.

A fair bit of talk (leadership) from him also which was good to see.

The only thing of potential negative I saw was that at stages he roamed a fair bit, which might not suit his introduction to league in a structured team such as ours. But I guess he has time to aclimatise etc.

A larger Mattai (agressive) type in the making.

Yep - to be a flanker in Rugby, especially on the open side you just have to be first to the breakdown and either make the tackle or stay on your feet to pick up the pill - bit simplistic and there are other lines etc. The structured defence of league is constantly demanding, especially when you are positioned in the middle of the ruck. He has had a season in 20s so should be ready.

He played a few weekends last year in the reggies as well, not instead of the 20's. ie 2 games in one weekend/day

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6