News: Robert Lui Assualt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Daily Telegraph
WESTS Tigers halfback Robert Lui is in police custody after being charged with nine offences, including assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.

Lui, 20, appeared in Burwood Local Court this afternoon and was refused bail.

"Burwood police have arrested a 20-year-old man in relation to allegations of a domestic violence-related assault on the weekend," a police statement read.

"The incident is alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning at an address in Abbotsford.

"A woman suffered facial injuries.

"The matter was reported to police later that day.

"The man has been charged with nine offences."

The offences include two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, three of common assault, one of malicious damage, one of choke with intent to commit an indictable offence, one of detain for advantage and one of aggravated robbery.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Lui recently put his good late-season form down to becoming a father for the first time.

He played a starring role in the Tigers' run to third place on the NRL ladder before they bowed out 13-12 to St George Illawarra in Saturday night's preliminary final.

The incident comes at the worst possible time for the league as it prepares for this Sunday's grand final between the Dragons and the Sydney Roosters.

Dont just put NEWS infront of the title.

If you have a news article please use the "Submit News" menu at the top

Bradza link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185500.msg298194#msg298194 date=1285570967]
Imagine if the Tigers made it through. They would be stuffed.

Yep I reckon that too

If the Tigers had made it through it probably wouldn't have happened.
[/quote]

eggson link said:
Another scandal to break out in GF week!
4 weeks!
Big dollar fine!
Media circus!
Yeah lets hope Gallop comes out and gets tough on him if the Tigers fail to act.

Rodo link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=185500.msg298196#msg298196 date=1285571147]
Another scandal to break out in GF week!
4 weeks!
Big dollar fine!
Media circus!
Yeah lets hope Gallop comes out and gets tough on him if the Tigers fail to act.
[/quote]

The Tigers have already stood him down pending the police investigation.

LOL,i hate to say im so pleased with this development,i hate everything he has allegedly done but i cant help but smile

I have learned my lesson in regards to making Hastie judgements,
but just called a tigers supporter a dirty lowlife prick for suggesting he belongs at Manly.
I'm supposed to be mellowing with age..someone please smite me !

I hope before heaping criticism everyone remembers the Brett Stewart case

Dan link said:
I hope before heaping criticism everyone remembers the Brett Stewart case

Dan, I agree with your view of innocent until proven guilty, but he has been charged with 9 offences and has been refused bail, so it really doesn't matter what the Tigers do.

Let's all let the legal system progress over the next 2 years.

Shane link said:
LOL,i hate to say im so pleased with this development,i hate everything he has allegedly done but i cant help but smile

Pleased with some bloke possibly bashing his pregnant girlfriend?

****, you're a great bloke.

Maybe not living in the western suburbs helps your self righteousness,not having to deal with wests/other prick fans on a daily basis,if you read correctly i hate everything he done but somehow am happy the balls in someone elses court now

I was villified everytime i wore the jersey in public out here,still am now but its not like getting told im supporting domestic violence,i would like everyone found guilty of any such act executed publically and in such a way that would make most chringe,in other words think medieval but more grotesque,if guilty beyond any doubt whatsoever,its not about what he done its about the spotlight being elsewhere,sorry if you didnt understand the way i write

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7