News: Refs blurred vision costs Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>NRL referees boss Robert Finch is expected to sack the touch judge who missed the blatant forward pass that cost the Sea Eagles two premiership points.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4646-refs-blurred-vision-costs-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

With my family's connection with OPSM comments thanks to dear old Dad, that article is really funny.

What about the "sleepmaker" factor, being 20 odd points up again and falling asleep, we look an absolute joke 2 weeks in a row blaming refs, we have gone so far backwards since the great day of September 2008 and we are looking like the Wests Tigers myth. Mediocre average nrl players have become the norm in our team and we are getting what we deserved. (matai, dave williams, tony williams, farrar, rodney, perry, seuseu, cross) Choc is our only attacking option on the left as Robbo only gets quality ball on bombs. Rodney dies with it in every tackle and our lack of 2nd phase ball has dropped away compared to 2008. 

I am more disappointed with his hairstyle. I heard he was considering a crew cut which would make him look tougher but he was worried it would also make him look fatter.

Darren link said:
What about the \"sleepmaker\" factor, being 20 odd points up again and falling asleep, we look an absolute joke 2 weeks in a row blaming refs, we have gone so far backwards since the great day of September 2008 and we are looking like the Wests Tigers myth. Mediocre average nrl players have become the norm in our team and we are getting what we deserved. (matai, dave williams, tony williams, farrar, rodney, perry, seuseu, cross) Choc is our only attacking option on the left as Robbo only gets quality ball on bombs. Rodney dies with it in every tackle and our lack of 2nd phase ball has dropped away compared to 2008. 

What a joke. Matai, Farrar, Rodney, T-Rex & Cross have all been mediocre this year have they? It's hard to judge Wookie due to how his career has gone so far. Still want to see how he would play in a steady season rather than the injury riddled selector jeopardised crock that he's gone through so far.

Choc certainly hasn't been our only attacking option at all. His influence on the game has dropped dramatically, for better or worse. Gifty has been a bigger force from our backrow than Choc by far.

Can't see how Rodney 'dies' with every tackle. Gee whiz, he isn't making line breaks, what a shock. It's not the role he plays in our team (Which is exactly what he is - a role player, not a superstar), but he plays his role well & is a rock in defence. Always makes meters when needed.

For all the things you could ping Manly on this year, i'm suprised you picked 2nd phase play. It's one the areas they've really improved on from 09. I'm speechless.

Do you actually watch the games mate or just look up the stats on NRL.com?

And saying Farrar in that list who has been the buy of the last two seasons for mine is quite exceptional.

We never had stand outs in this team, looking back at williamson, hall(he had 2008), even robertson isn't a standout, the most consistent player ever, yes but not a standout. Would you drop him? The only standouts have been Stewart, choc, gift and Lyon. The rest of the team is a team, and alot of players were at the end of there careers when they came to manly and des and the crew turned them around.

The storm won the comp with "mediocre" players such as Tandy, Finch, Neilson, Turner, Johnson (doesn't make line breaks), Hinchcliffe

[img=300x400]http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/03/23/1225844/057669-dtsplash-ref-crisis.jpg[/img]

Darren link said:
What about the \"sleepmaker\" factor, being 20 odd points up again and falling asleep, we look an absolute joke 2 weeks in a row blaming refs, we have gone so far backwards since the great day of September 2008 and we are looking like the Wests Tigers myth. Mediocre average nrl players have become the norm in our team and we are getting what we deserved. (matai, dave williams, tony williams, farrar, rodney, perry, seuseu, cross) Choc is our only attacking option on the left as Robbo only gets quality ball on bombs. Rodney dies with it in every tackle and our lack of 2nd phase ball has dropped away compared to 2008. 

Darren you come out with some absolute nonsense at times.

Again this year in both games Matai has been outstanding. Farrar was exceptional at fullback against Parra.

Matai v Eels

14 Hit Ups
83 metres
20 tackles

Watmough v Eels

15 hit ups
129 metres
19 tackles
Offloads 0

Rodney v Eels

15 hit ups
119 metres (not bad for a bloke who dies in tackles)
32 tackles
Offloads 2

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[img=300x400]http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/03/23/1225844/057669-dtsplash-ref-crisis.jpg[/img]

That picture just infuriates me. I was sitting at the opposite end of the field and called it straight away.

Darren link said:
can't agree with a word you said.

How about this:
048094-dt-stroy-ref-blunder-2.jpg

Two messups in one try!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:

You can plainly see that its has gone backwards out of the hand ;).

Makes me laugh every time I hear one of the commentators come up with that gem. Their grasp of even the most rudimentary concepts of motion physics would have to be questionable, let alone them trying to convince me that they know enough about relative motion to explain away a forward pass.  

clontaago link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=182784.msg256431#msg256431 date=1269285605]

That picture just infuriates me. I was sitting at the opposite end of the field and called it straight away.
[/quote]
I spotted it instantly from over 150km away.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=182784.msg256372#msg256372 date=1269248622]

Darren you come out with some absolute nonsense at times.

Again this year in both games Matai has been outstanding. Farrar was exceptional at fullback against Parra.

Matai v Eels

14 Hit Ups
83 metres
20 tackles

Watmough v Eels

15 hit ups
129 metres
19 tackles
Offloads 0

Rodney v Eels

15 hit ups
119 metres (not bad for a bloke who dies in tackles)
32 tackles
Offloads 2
[/quote]

Geez he looks well coached that Rodney

**** rodney put in a tonne of work against the Eels

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8