News: Recording puts new pressure on Sharks boss Tony Zappia

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<strong>CRONULLA rugby league club chief executive Tony Zappia was last night fighting to keep his job.</strong>
It follows fresh revelations involving a former female employee who suffered facial injuries in an accident with the Sharks boss on August 9 last year.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3963-recording-puts-new-pressure-on-sharks-boss-tony-zappia.html">Read the full article</a>

He is stood down.
Another black eye for the game.
2009 might be the year Sharks finally win something - they may beat Manly in the GF of the Off-Field Disasters competition.

The same posters who want to pay drawford $500k for each of the next two years (plus another block of flats).

DSM5 link said:
I could have sworn there were posters wanting this tool over at Brookie. 
  If Max gets his way, yes.  Either this Zappia clown or Benny Elias.  I'm not sure which is worse.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180648.msg226589#msg226589 date=1244442450]
The same posters who want to pay drawford $500k for each of the next two years (plus another block of flats).

How many flats does he own no tookey lol
[/quote]

Just the one

tookey link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180648.msg226593#msg226593 date=1244445488]

[quote author=tookey link=topic=180648.msg226589#msg226589 date=1244442450]

How many flats does he own no tookey lol
[/quote]

Just the one
[/quote]

Ok so he has one block of flats lol

If my memory is correct, Tony Zappia was football manager or something in an official capacity at the Slime.  I always thought it was illegal to secretly record another's conversation.  It would seem he may have a civil suit claim against the girl either way.     

DSM5 link said:
If my memory is correct, Tony Zappia was football manager or something in an official capacity at the Slime.  I always thought it was illegal to secretly record another's conversation.  It would seem he may have a civil suit claim against the girl either way.     

More importantly, who would even think to take a tape recorder into this sort of meeting unless there is some other type of motive?????

The AFL is gotta be sitting back and laughing all the way to the bank with all the problems and scandals that the NRL has had, Channel 7 have certainly some motive for running the story also $$$$$$$.

Fair dinkum, when will it all stop so we can get on with the game of RL.

Jeez the media are out for the sharks. You have to wonder whether their agenda is just to sell papers and make a name for themselves as Journalists or whether there is some other motivating factor.

DSM - Depending on the circumstances there is no problem with recording other people's conversations. The idea being that if it seems at all reasonable the conversation may be overheard, then the recording is legal

The SURVEILLANCE DEVICES ACT 2007, which is an update on the Listening Devices Act 1984 (NSW) clearly states that it is illegal to record a private conversation (which I am sure this was) w/o the knowledge or agreement of the other party; and that conversation cannot be reported on or used elsewhere (unless a warrant has been given by a judge).

I actually think in this instance there are big doubts about the legality of what she has done.

The other side is the claims today that a report, following an alleged internal investigation, is circulating clearing Zappia of any wrong-doing. That looks very shaky and we may hear a great deal more about the legality of this, especially as it has been sighted by a journalist.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4