1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Re-energised Sea Eagles are a tough act to follow

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Captain of the Gate, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Manly are a completely different team this season to the one that struggled their way through last year.

Read the full article

2. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    If this article can't put a smile on your face... Mr Gould doesn't mince his words, he'll tell it as it is, whether one agrees with him or not; so his analysis of this years Manly team is more than enough to get you excited.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    it sure can put a smile on your face....however without trying to put a dampener on things too much, this same sort of article is trotted our this time of year. It is pretty much a fill in the blanks.

However with that said I agree with everything on there.

4. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Mate when Gus has more time to think about what his saying instead of just blurting it out,his thoughts are brilliant,i love reading any article he writes on us or any of the top four for that matter

He reads the game like noone else and writes like a pure genius,just if the bloke could have played the game half well

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    He wrote the same article about the Dishlickers in 2009 and the same thing about the Gold Coast last year and he was pretty spot on with that assessment.

6. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Link? Source?

7. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Memory, who has links to news stories from 2 years ago?:p

8. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Its amazing how peoples opinions of journalists change when they right something positive about the team you support.

9. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Not really,without the extra time given between brain and hands as opposed to brain and mouth he is a mouthbreathing moron,when he has time to correct the dribble that would normally come spewing from his mouth he is a genius

10. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,462 / 80
    I just watched saints destroy the sharks. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We are going well but will have to be at our best to beat the other 3 teams.

11. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Broncos arent part of the elite group of asskicking machines

12. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    In 2008 Gould mentioned there was a real timing about Manly and their performances. Gould picked Manly prior to the final series as being the team to beat and mentioned over and over that they just continue to build. The guy doesn't often praise Manly but the more he does this year, the more it gives me goosebumps.

13. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Yep the goons did the same thing in the first half as they did to us. They will be very hard to beat.

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Maybe he doesn't mince his words but he also wants to psych up his own team (under the radar) and promote their next match...

15. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    At this stage we have lost to the storm, cowboys and saints - all the other contenders for the top spot

Until we can beat these teams i will hold back on our chances

• Like Like x 2
  16. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  17. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    I'd say right now Illawarra are best and we might also struggle to beat Storm. However I'm pretty confident that we have oodles of improvement in us between now and the big games and our chances are second to none if we remain fit.

18. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    We will beat the scum in rd25 I have no doubt about it at all

19. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Only difference - we looked like scoring, and in fact did, except Wolfie's try was disallowed in that game and Ballin was ruled to have been held up before the Flagons took a 12-0 halftime lead. As opposed to a 24-0 halftime lead last night.