1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Raiders to call members

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Dec 2, 2009.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p />The Canberra Raiders will switch their pre-season from the field to the office on Thursday, when their top squad takes to the phones at Raiders HQ to call their 2009 members to renew for the upcoming season.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4426-raiders-to-call-members.html">Read the full article</a>

2. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Matt Ballin should call all the women, and Gorgeous George should put on a BBQ and I'd sign up.

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Imagine if Ox was still around, we ran this campaign, and he answered DSMs call

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Gold!!!!! :) :) :)

5. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    CW, I was hoping for your usual "I've been waiting by the phone for two years but no one called me to renew" speech!  :p :D

6. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Personally I'd prefer a house call from Snake (and I'm sure niccipops agrees with me on this)  ;D

7. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Speaking of calls concerned, Hi. 

You'd proboably get a call being in Cantberra.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dane Tilse tried signing up new members when he was at newcastle. 

He didn't have much luck at 4.00 am in the morning in their bedrooms though. 

9. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    This is soemthing AFL clubs do all the time.  I did get a call from the club this year re my season ticket renewal but not from the players unless they have started wearing dresses.  The again it could have been Kingy.......

10. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I have received a billion emails suggesting I renew but I will wait till next year. I was upset last year that I paid about $20 to have my membership and my father's delivered and then had to pick them up at Brookie as they were not going to send out my card till after the first game. In the end the club got the money but it was on false pretences and was a bit shonky.

11. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    LOL I made it a policy when I moved here to only give my number to people who have taste when it comes to football teams.

Good thing the Raiders guy are only calling previous members - the rest of the population here wouldn't know who these guys were if they fell over them in the street.

12. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    LOL I made it a policy when I moved here to only give my number to people who have taste when it comes to football teams.

Good thing the Raiders guy are only calling previous members - the rest of the population here wouldn't know who these guys were if they fell over them in the street.

[/quote]

One of your second cousins follows the Storm.  And he swore black and blue yesterday that Manly has never beaten Melbourne in a grand final.  As much as I tried to assure him the 2008 grand final score was 40-0.  He just wouldn't believe it, poor child.