News: Raiders boss savages 'cowardly' fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
Raiders boss Don Furner says he is "embarrassed to be a Canberran" following revelations the players, their wives and even ballboys are copping abuse from fans following the club's disastrous start to the season.

Read the full article

News Article said:
Furner told 666 Canberra

666 Canberra?

The Devil lives in Canberra.
3D20Smiles20228.gif

or is Canberra just Hell? That might explain the current attitude of their fans.

That's poor from the fans. I mean everyone gets pissed when there team are playing bad but to bag out ball boys and wives that's low.

Cambo said:
tookey said:
Canberra will be torched on Monday night when the raiders get smashed again

I hope julia is back there before monday night ;)

And Kevin and Wayne as well. :D

Jethro said:
News Article said:
Furner told 666 Canberra

666 Canberra?

The Devil lives in Canberra.
3D20Smiles20228.gif

or is Canberra just Hell? That might explain the current attitude of their fans.

Lots of horny devils in Fyshwick as well

Masked Eagle said:
666 Canberra is the ABC Radio frequency.

Thanks Masked Eagle. I gathered that it was a radio station of some description. I just though that it was funny that that number could be associated with Canberra.

Matabad,It was Orfords car

MATT ORFORD's rough initiation to Canberra has hit a new low, with a frustrated fan vandalising the star halfback's high-priced Audi.
Witnesses reported a person dressed in Raiders supporters' gear attacked the former Dally M Medallist's car with a key in the Canberra Stadium car park in an ugly aftermath to last Sunday's humiliating 49-12 loss to the Wests Tigers.
Raiders' ball-boys, cheerleaders and the players' partners and families were also subject to verbal abuse.
Advertisement: Story continues below
It was Canberra's seventh straight defeat and left the club pinned at the bottom of the NRL ladder.
Orford's vehicle - included as part of a third-party deal which brought the 33-year-old to the Raiders - was parked in the section of the car park reserved for players and VIPs.
It is unclear whether the Raiders have taken the matter to ACT Police.
Raiders chairman John McIntyre was disgusted by the incident.
''I'm absolutely appalled by it,'' McIntyre said.
''Hopefully systems are in place that they'll nail whoever it is. We've got such a keen bunch of supporters, it's a shame it can be brought down by one boofhead. I'm very disappointed that it happened.''
Orford declined to comment.
Raiders prop Brett White hoped authorities would throw the book at the perpetrator. ''If the culprits are found, I don’t see why there shouldn’t be bans,’’ White said.
‘‘The Bulldogs had incidents like that a few years ago and were quick to step in and take action. No doubt if anyone’s found to be doing that the club will take action swiftly. I don’t think it belongs in our game.’’
‘‘We all love our game and are very passionate about it, passionate about our club, but I think it’s going too far. I know fans can get frustrated and voice their opinion quite a lot, but when it comes to damaging individual’s property, it’s going too far.’’
Raiders chief executive Don Furner told ABC Radio he was ‘‘embarrassed to be a Canberran’’.
‘‘I would hope that our fans wouldn’t go vandalising somebody’s car after a game, I think it’s pathetic’’
Furner said. ‘‘I’m a bit embarrassed to be a Canberran if that’s the way our fans are going to react, by vandalising cars. It is gutless. Apart from the fact it’s not very brave, it is a crime to go around vandalising things.’’
Raiders players were also heckled after they completed their pre-game warm-ups at the adjoining AIS athletics track on the way to the ground.
The Raiders declined to reveal the extent of the damage to Orford’s vehicle. The majority of Raiders players were unaware of the incident until yesterday.
Rightly or wrongly, Orford has copped the bulk of the blame for Canberra’s horrible start to the season.
His signature was heralded as a coup for a club which had serious top-four aspirations. A series of injuries meant the premiership-winning playmaker had an interrupted pre-season. Orford has struggled to recapture his best form. He made his debut for the Raiders in the round two loss to the Brisbane Broncos.
The lowlight came when Orford knocked on from a scrum in the final minute against Gold Coast, allowing the Titans to level the scores on full-time. The Titans went on to win the game in golden point. Orford missed two weeks with a lower back injury before showing glimpses of his best in the 37-point mauling by the Tigers.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/raiders-boofhead-vandalises-orfords-car-20110504-1e8lh.html#ixzz1LPNjG4lx

Shows how queer the Raider fans really are,abusing the players wives and ballboys is one thing,but to abuse those lovely cheergirls. Whats goin' on there???

Ahh Cheergirls!! God bless their little cotton socks!!!!

Put all your money on those bloody faders this week they are certs. nothing galvanises a team like all this crap. Its so typical that we get them after 7 losses on the trot. They will beat us and then go back to mediocrity a week later. I hope this isnt a true prediction but i just have a bad feeling about this one.

i love the comment in that article.

"showed glimpses of his best in the 37 point loss...."

if that was his best...:)

but nobs should stay away from his property regardless of how he plays

The sporting crowds down here in Canberra are very fickle to say the least! They love it when their teams are winning and pack Canberra Stadium but when they are losing........ Just have to look at the crowds for both the Raiders and Brumbies this year!

Nthn NSW said:
Shows how queer the Raider fans really are,abusing the players wives and ballboys is one thing,but to abuse those lovely cheergirls. Whats goin' on there???

Ahh Cheergirls!! God bless their little cotton socks!!!!

I would prefer to bless their little cotton panties....mmmmmm

seaeagles4life said:
its another chance for manly to take out another coach after mon night

Not likely. Furner has just re-signed for 5 years!! Unbeliveable when you consider he has achieved SFA. What makes it worse is the fact that the CEO and coach are brothers. The CEO is going to great pains at the moment to convince anyone who gives a crap that he was at arms length during the negotiations.

Why would you sign a virtual rookie coach who has achieved nothing to a 5 year deal? Arms length my arse!

Goldie said:
The sporting crowds down here in Canberra are very fickle to say the least! They love it when their teams are winning and pack Canberra Stadium but when they are losing........ Just have to look at the crowds for both the Raiders and Brumbies this year!

That applies to all areas. Everyone loves a winner and no one like a loser.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6