News: Poor behaviour may cost points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="story-intro">
<p>THE NRL has flagged the possibility of docking clubs competition points as it battles to curb the discipline problems that plagued the competition this year.</p>
</div>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4351-poor-behaviour-may-cost-points.html">Read the full article</a>

Utterly stupid idea. So, for example like this season, if Brett Stewart or Greg Inglis are charged and the cases don't get heard for a year, they will consider docking points during the season? Once again we face the prospect of arbitrary decisions being made up as they go along by the NRL. This administration is about 5 beers short of a 6 pack.

Lucky for the roorters they didn't introduce it this year otherwise they would have finished on negative points. 

Stupid idea, but you can bet the media will back it 100%, would give Hagnay, Rothfield, Weidler and all the other weasels a bit of influence over the comp

Why do we have to have some NFL dude tell us how to run the competition?  It just goes to prove that the present operation is being run like a chook-raffle.

I feel that a lot of people are getting paid a lot of money to do very little.  When they run out of ideas they run to American Football League for answers.

Haven't we already copied a lot of the NFL rules and team names anyway?

I cite the following rule similarities:  The original four tackle (now six tackle) as opposed to the four down NFL rule.  The touch back when a player catches the ball on the full in his own endzone, NFL they take a knee and its optional.
We now have a pocket referee similar to the NFL.

The markings on the fieled (which I like by the way) now reflect an almost identical gridiron pattern.

Further what about the similarities of team names?

Chicago/North Sydney Bears
Tennessee/Gold Coast Titans
Dallas/North Queensland Cowboys
Pittsburg/Illawarra Steelers
Oakland/Canberra Raiders
Denver/Brisbane Broncos

There are other rule and name similarities but I wont go further.  If you want you can go to NFL.com and have a look.

I wonder if this great NFL guru Gene Washington is a Redskins supporter.

What I am saying in a roundabout sort of way is we should be able to run our own show without the yanks and get it right. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4