News: Players deserve their say, too

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<strong>In punishing footballers before their day in court, the NRL appears</strong><strong>to be reacting to public sentiment rather than the misdemeanours themselves, writes Graeme Hughes.</strong> <p>We all acknowledge the problems confronting rugby league. We all acknowledge the damage they can do to our game.</p> <p>In addressing them, though, what is the rugby league community's responsibility?</p> <p>Are suspensions and fines to be measured by media exposure and immediate public reaction? Or will punishment follow natural justice?</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/players-deserve-their-say-too.html">Read the full article</a>

Good article, although the contents and sentiment in it have been expressed many times on this site.  Nevertheless it's about time some sense was written by journalists.  Maybe the start of a backlash against Gallopfool.  It's a pity the players association is a toothless appendage of the NRL.  I seem to remember that the NRL pay for the ongoings of the Players Association.  Lap dogs indeed?   

that is a good article with a good POV about time someone started making sense

I'd like to see Hughes approached as one of the possible candidates to replace gallop when that day comes.

He always across as a person who considers his point of view before he opens his mouth, which is rare in an ex-footballer.

Good Article.

I like Graeme Hughes and i listen to talking sport most days.

Graeme has always stood by Brett Stewart saying that he is innocent until proven other wise.

Graeme has been calling for change in our game for a long time saying there's things that fixing in the game.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4