1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Players deserve their say, too

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    <strong>In punishing footballers before their day in court, the NRL appears</strong><strong>to be reacting to public sentiment rather than the misdemeanours themselves, writes Graeme Hughes.</strong> <p>We all acknowledge the problems confronting rugby league. We all acknowledge the damage they can do to our game.</p> <p>In addressing them, though, what is the rugby league community's responsibility?</p> <p>Are suspensions and fines to be measured by media exposure and immediate public reaction? Or will punishment follow natural justice?</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/players-deserve-their-say-too.html">Read the full article</a>

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Good article, although the contents and sentiment in it have been expressed many times on this site.  Nevertheless it's about time some sense was written by journalists.  Maybe the start of a backlash against Gallopfool.  It's a pity the players association is a toothless appendage of the NRL.  I seem to remember that the NRL pay for the ongoings of the Players Association.  Lap dogs indeed?   

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    that is a good article with a good POV about time someone started making sense

4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Always been a fan of Hughes, behind Rabs i rate him the 2nd best commentator i have heard.

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,749 / 258
    Sadly ONE lone voice in a sea of journos who'd rather sell papers based on bad news!!

6. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd like to see Hughes approached as one of the possible candidates to replace gallop when that day comes.

He always across as a person who considers his point of view before he opens his mouth, which is rare in an ex-footballer.

7. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Article.

I like Graeme Hughes and i listen to talking sport most days.

Graeme has always stood by Brett Stewart saying that he is innocent until proven other wise.

Graeme has been calling for change in our game for a long time saying there's things that fixing in the game.