1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Plan for historic clash between Indigenous side and NRL All Stars team

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    <p>MATT Bowen v Billy Slater. Greg Inglis v Michael Jennings. Scott Prince v Darren Lockyer.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/plan-for-historic-clash-between-indigenous-side-and-nrl-all-stars-team.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Biscuits

Biscuits Active Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    there was a discussion recently about whether name calling was racist. Picking a team due to race certainly is. That said i would enjoy that more than city country

3. Daring Eagle

Daring Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It would be better if it was against the Maori's

4. DD1986

DD1986 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great idea. Being Aboriginal myself was great to see a team play the Maori's last year. Was the highlight of the World Cup for me. George Rose had good game and great to see Cliffy on the field again even if it was just running water.

Would be great entertaining game in the off season. Imagine the backline for the Aboriginal team. Bowen, Merritt, Hodges, Inglis, Carney, Prince, Thurston. Great showcase for the game.

5. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Yes, I think the same. The WC game was great and in particularly the pregame tribal confrontation.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Good backline yes, but they might struggle in the forward depth. Who would they have ? Laurie, Rose, Webb, Thaiday...??

7. DD1986

DD1986 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good backline yes, but they might struggle in the forward depth. Who would they have ? Laurie, Rose, Webb, Thaiday...??
    [/quote]

Webb, Campbell, Rose, Thaiday, Patterson(Knights), Gordon bench Laurie, Widders, Soward, Palmer Wapau or Briggs from the dogs. Not the best forwards going around but if they can go decent the backline will create enough chances

8. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Great concept. If they play it at Skilled I would look to be going.

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Sutton. Is Widders even playing still ?

10. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    all the manly fans should pick phil morewood to make sure none of our real players get injured

11. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    I would like to see the following:

A South Pacific cup, made up of Aboriginal, Maori, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga & PNG.

The format I’d like to use would be two pools of three.  That would give us six games in total (1 v 2, 2 v 3, 1 v 3) run over three weeks.
    Both pool winners play off for the South Pacific Cup.

Advantages would be bringing the game to the Pacific were our growth area is and building up these minnow teams for the next world cup to hopefully give some better competition to NZ, Oz and the Poms.

12. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    phil morewood just read that and died a little inside.

13. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Imagine if we picked an team of only white players for a tourny..............holy moly, reverse discrimination reaks too. As bad as women only gyms.......

14. DD1986

DD1986 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You could pick a white only team to play an Aboriginal only team wouldnt' be a problem. Both peoples ultimate goal is the Australian team. The Kiwi's I believe used to have a Maori vs Pakeha game. Plus this is just an entertainment thing to most people not like a test match.